It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Friday, January 22, 2010

IN CHRIST ALONE... HYMNS TEACH AND ENCOURAGE US...


Of all of my childhood memories, some of my very fondest are sitting in Granny's living room with extended family and singing hymns and "Stamps-Baxter songs". Oh, don't get me wrong, I do love contemporary christian music, but it does not have to replace other songs which have a different kind of purpose. Our families and our church families would be well served to pass these songs on to the next generations.
.
Hymns help us take the time to look at a theme from many different angles. Hymns teach us the art of meditation. I'm thinking of hymns from my past that put emphasis on the cross and the deepest convictions of the heart. I'm thinking of songs like The Old Rugged Cross, Amazing Grace, I Come to The Garden Alone, Precious Memories, Nearer Still Nearer, I Serve a Risen Savior, When Peace Like a River, and There is a Fountain. Hymns remind us that we can only approach God through the Blood of Jesus... that's right... IN CHRIST ALONE!
.
I believe that each of the hymns above was put on someone's heart by God to pen. Yesterday, was the 123rd anniversary of Alfred Ackley writing the gospel song I Serve a Risen Savior also known as He Lives. I posted about my connection to this song back in December.
.
Is there a hymn to our memory verses? If not, maybe one of us should pen it!
.
Hebrews 12:1-3 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

1 comment:

Shonda said...

This morning I was singing a hymn in my head. I was just thinking today that I should pull out my hymn book and start playing on the piano for my son some of the great hymns. Thanks for inspiring this idea.

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!