It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Friday, December 11, 2009

IN ME... I SERVE A RISEN SAVIOR...

.
We haven't put up our tree or any Christmas decorations. That is very unusual for this mom who loves to celebrate anything. For several years, I even left our tree up year round, just changing the ornaments with each season or holiday. As we were raising our children, we celebrated the "12 days of Christmas". Some years, they were every other day beginning December 3rd (my birthday) until the 12th day - December 25. Other years, we began on December 13th and someone got to open a small gift each night until we all opened our presents on the 12th day (Christmas Eve night).
.
Tomorrow is the 13th and I'm trying to pull together my thought processes of how I can make this work this year. I love traditions! I love making memories! Yet, it's very hard when there's a sick one or two in the house. On the other hand, it's probably more important than ever to do it.
.
I've been very nostolgic this week since reading something that my "sister-in-love", Sandi, wrote about my mom. My mom's name is Kathleen. She lives with my brother, Steve, and his wife Sandi and their family in Alabama. Mom has Alzheimer's. Life for Mom or Steve or Sandi or their kids can be very rough at any given moment. Mom has certainly had better days.
.
Here is mom with her 3 children a few Christmas' ago. I'm in the back. My sister, Pam, and brother, Steve, flank Mom. I remember our Christmas times together, growing up. Often, we were stationed somewhere afar with the military "on assignment". Mom made sure we had our special times together. We usually opened gifts on Christmas Eve night. It was not always easy to be so far away from extended family. Mom was a woman of great strength because she knew our great LORD.
.
I hope to see Mom in the next month or so. We'll watch together some of her favorites TV shows that she'll get for Christmas on DVD: Andy Griffith, I Love Lucy, Leave It to Beaver... We'll sing! She loves to sing! We'll sing Christmas carols! Oldies! We'll sing hymns! And, we'll sing one that has been her favorite for years:
.
VERSE ONE:
I serve a risen Savior!
He's in the world today!
I know that He is living,
Whatever men may say.
I see His hand of mercy.
I hear His voice of cheer.
And just the time I need Him,
He's always near.
.
CHORUS:
He lives! He lives!
Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me
along life's narrow way.
He lives! He lives!
Salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart!
.
VERSE TWO:
In all the world around me
I see His loving care,
And tho my heart grows weary
I never will despair;
I know that he is leading thru all the stormy blast,
The day of His appearing
will come at last.
.
CHORUS
.
VERSE THREE:
Rejoice, rejoice! O Christian!
Lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs to Jesus Christ the King1
The hope of all who seek Him,
the help of all who find,
None other is so loving,
so good and kind.
.
CHORUS
.

I hope you have time to take a moment to read Sandi's kind words about my Mom by following this link:
http://www.pleonast.com/users/the_mom
.
.
.

1 comment:

robert said...

Thanks for sharing about your family. Glad to hear you love to sing hymns. So do we, at our house.

Your blog caught my eye this morning because you posted the gospel song "He Lives." Today is the 123rd anniversary of the author, Alfred Ackley. To find how how he came to write the song, you can check out today's blog on Wordwise Hymns. (Great daily site for hymn-lovers!) God bless.

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!