It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

IN CHRIST ALONE...MY IDENTITY...



I love all the connections I make on FB. I love it most when there are spiritual connections. Last week, my friend and sister-in-Christ, Jennifer, posted as her status,
  • "Was just having a random thought: one of the things I love about my church is that I don't know what most of the people I worship with do for a living. 3 or 4 years later, I still find myself saying,"Wow, I didn't know he/she did that!" In "the world" that is probably one of the first things you learn about people. In the church, those things are not so important. What a blessing!"

.

I am convinced that when you have a church family who knows the LORD and really grasps what He has done for them, that church family life is remarkably different. At the Pitman church of Christ, we are known for our LOVE and we are transparent enough to say that our identity comes not from what we do or who we are but our identity comes from being IN CHRIST ALONE!!!

.

This week, as we CONSIDER HIM on this blog, I am overwhelmed with gratitude that my identity truly is IN CHRIST. Ephesians 1:3 tells us that we are blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places IN CHRIST. Ephesians chapters one through four tell what this blessed identity looks like:

.

  • 1:4 I am CHOSEN IN CHRIST.
  • 1:6 I am GRACED IN CHRIST.
  • 1:7 I am REDEEMED IN CHRIST.
  • 1:7 I am FORGIVEN IN CHRIST.
  • 1:9 I am PURPOSED by the mystery of His will IN CHRIST.
  • 1:11 I have an INHERITANCE IN CHRIST.
  • 1:12 I have HOPE IN CHRIST.
  • 1:13 I have the GOSPEL of truth IN CHRIST.
  • 1:13 I have been SEALED IN CHRIST.
  • 1:15 I have FAITH IN CHRIST.
  • 1:18-23 I have the working of GOD'S STRENGTH IN CHRIST.
  • 2:4-6 I have SALVATION IN CHRIST.
    .
  • 1:10 I have the SUMMING UP OF ALL THINGS IN CHRIST ALONE.

I am so thankful! I know who I am! I know Who I belong to! I know where I am going! My identity is IN CHRIST!!!!

.

How does one get IN CHRIST?

  • Galatians 3:26-29 says, "You are all sons of God through faith IN Christ Jesus, 27 for all of you who were baptized INTO Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one IN Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Great post! Thank you for sharing. Have a great week.

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!