It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Sunday, January 3, 2010

HOLY...

SUNDAY IN THE SON

.
"This is My beloved Son,
with whom I am well-pleased;
listen to Him!"
Matthew 17:5
.
Peter was there the day that God spoke these words out of the heavens. Peter, James, and John were all listening.
.
Later, Peter wrote the following words:
.

"Therefore, gird your minds for action,


keep sober in spirit,


fix your hope completely on the grace


to be brought to you


at the revelation of Jesus Christ.


As obedient children,


do not be conformed


to the former lusts


which were yours in your ignorance,


but like the Holy One


who called you,


be holy yourselves also


in all your behavior;


because it is written,


"You shall be holy,


for I am holy."


1 Peter 1:13-16
.
.
.
Centuries later, Nicole Nordeman recorded a song that would speak to the verses above. Please join me in following along with the words of the song as we listen to Nicole. You will need to go up to the playlist at the top and restart the song.
.
HOLY
as sung by
Nicole Nordeman
.
How many roads did I travel


Before I walked down one


that led me to You?


.


How many dreams did unravel


Before I believed in a hope


that was true?


.


How long?


How far?


What was meant to fulfill


only emptied me still


.


And all You ever wanted…

Only me on my knees


Singing holy, holy


.


And somehow


All that matters now is You are holy, holy


.
How many deaths did I die


Before I was awakened


to new life again?


.


How many half truths


did I bear witness to


‘Til the proof was disproved in the end?


.


How long?


How far?


What was meant to illuminate


shadowed me still
And all You ever wanted…


.


All I have is gratitude to offer You


.
Each month, this year, we are going to memorize a passage of scripture. The scripture for January will be right above the post of the day. As we talk about pursuing HOLINESS, please begin memorizing verse one of this passage:
.
"Therefore,
since we have
so great a cloud of witnesses
surrounding us,
let us also lay aside every encumbrance,
and the sin which so easily entangles us,
and let us run with endurance
the race that is set before us..."
.
(and, of course, the next verse tells us
that we are doing this all the while
we are fixing our eyes on Jesus).
.

1 comment:

Shonda said...

Hi Patti- Just wondering what version we are memorizing Hebrews 12:1-3? I have NIV, but yours is different. I love learn a favorite verse in a new translation. Thanks, Shonda

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!