It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Thursday, January 7, 2010

HOLY... WHERE DOES THE POWER COME FROM?


TRANSFORMING THURSDAY

.

"Where is your energy source? How do you get the power to bounce back again and again? How do you all live with someone who is chronically ill and not get discouraged? Do you ever just want to quit?" All of these questions have been asked to me in the last week. The first answers that always come to my mind when people ask me these types of questions include...
.
  1. There are a lot of people in this world who have it worse off than me!

  2. God is my power source!
Yesterday, God recharged my batteries yet again. I attended the funeral of Tanya McBride. Tanya, wife of Tom and mother of six, died on 1-1 after multiple battles with cancer. I will never forget yesterday!!!
.
Tanya planned her own funeral... the songs... scriptures... even the 5 people who would speak... I was one of the singers and her choice of songs were so encouraging... songs like, "Oh, Lord Prepare me to be a Sanctuary, pure and HOLY, tried and true..." That song alone speaks to who Tanya was. She was a sanctuary of the life and light of Jesus because she was plugged in to Him - THE ETERNAL TRANSFORMER!!!
.
Her life had certainly not been an easy one. She waitressed for many years before deciding (with six kids) to go back to school to be an R.N. The 5 men who she chose to speak: Steve, Greg, Derrick, Dan, and Dwight used words to describe her:
.
  1. ENCOURAGEMENT

  2. PERSEVERANCE

  3. WARRIOR

  4. UNCOMPROMISING FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST

  5. SANCTUARY
.
I chose my own word: OVERCOMER!
.
I think you will understand all of the above words even more as I share with you the following. Dan asked each of her children, "What is one thing that your mother taught you?" Here are their responses:


  1. "We're all flawed!"

  2. "We choose our friends, so choose carefully."

  3. "God gave us family! So, take care of each other!"

  4. "God gave me a strong work ethic because of my mother!"

  5. "Nothing from my mom was about her... her needs were not important... the needs of others were!"

  6. "I learned from my mom to fix my eyes on the unseen."

And, one of the children added one more thing:

7. "I've learned the importance of going to church."


.

I could not write fast enough to record what happened next. Her youngest daughter, a senior in high school, got up and read a poem she had written to her mama. It was long. I captured words at the end as tears streamed down my face.

  • "Mama, I love you and I always will.... memories of you I'll keep near and pass them on to those who are dear."
    .

Then, already pierced to the core, the standing room only auditorium full of friends and family were not prepared for what happened next. One of her four sons stood and gave an inspiring tribute beginning with reading Proverbs 31. He started with verse 10:

  • "A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm,all the days of her life..."

.

Then, he continued with more than I can possibly remember or write here...

  • "The English language has no one word that can capture my mom..." And, then he began to list, "Strong! Courageous! Caring! Faithful! Loyal!..."

  • "She had the amazing ability to turn negatives into positives! She gave me a quote of Abraham Lincoln's when I was younger that she loved and now I do, 'Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.'"

  • "Whether she waitressed or studied til 2 a.m., she still was up to make us breakfast and send us off to school."

  • "It was amazing how she balanced the love she gave to all six children...including the different ways we liked our PBJ sandwiches: crust off, crust on, cut diagonally, in fours..."

  • "She had the gift of gab..."

  • "She was devoted..."

  • "The most amazing thing about her was her consistency..."

  • "She was the first person in NJ history to get a perfect score on the nursing critical thinking exam."

  • "She was voted by her nursing school graduating class in 2004 to speak at their graduation ceremony."

  • "Then came breast cancer and she beat it!"

  • "Then came lung cancer and she beat it!"

  • "On the top of her very tall stack of medical files she had scrawled the words, "TRUST GOD! DON'T WALLOW IN THIS!"

  • "She loved to sing!"

  • "She tried to keep up with the newest slang... she overused 'The Bomb!'"

  • "She'd fix us hot chocolate and grilled cheese!"

  • "She loved her ice cream cones!"

  • "Each one of her kids have at least five friends who call her 'mom'."

  • "Everyone loved being with mom. I know God does..."

  • "She prayed that she would see 2010! God listened to mom again and granted her prayer. She died a little over one hour into 2010."

  • "We should use our ENERGY to not be sad, but to make mom proud!"

.
And where does that kind of energy come from? Tanya knew! She stayed plugged in to it. She used it to overcome! She stayed plugged in to the Transformer of all transformers: Jesus Christ!

.

1 John 5:2-5

"For this is the love of God,

that we keep His commandments;

and His commandments are not burdensome.

For whatever is born of God

overcomes the world;

and this is the victory

that has overcome the world —

our faith.

And who is the one who overcomes the world,

but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? "

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!