All week I've prayed and pondered what today's post will be.
There are so many different ways to approach our discussion of the be-attitude:
- the poor in spirit (selfish to selfless)
- those who mourn over sin (sinful to sinless)
- the meek (unsubmissive to submissive...willing to be led)
- those hungering and thirsting for righteousness (un satisfied to satisfied)
- the merciful (more than sympathy...empathy)
- the pure in heart (spiritually holy)
- the peacemakers (extending saving grace)
- Blame someone else
- Give up
- Give into anger and resentment
- Be angry at God and blame Him
What would the righteous answers be?
Today, is our youngest daughter's 22nd birthday. I see her "getting it"! I see it on her Facebook status yesterday after a really rough day:
"Crystal is drawing closer to God."
I see it in a few responses to her status:
- "I'm loving you and still knowing how wonderfully beautiful you are inside and out."
- "Awesome! When that happens, healing happens!"
- "Praying for you, sis! So proud of the woman you are becoming."
I'd like you to think about all this as you watch this video. It's a tough video to watch. If you have recently lost a loved one, it might not be the time to watch it. If you are very fragile today - wait until later. If you have just joined our blog, then please consider that we've been building up to some of this for quite a few months. It's food for thought. It's about an attitude of the spiritual heart! It's about transformation!