It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Friday, April 10, 2009

CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST: FRIDAY'S HERE BUT SUNDAY'S COMING!!!!


There's winter, but then...
.
SPRING comes!
.
There's the death of the seed, but then...
.

the FLOWER comes!
.
There's work, but then...
.
REST comes!
.
There's pain, but then...
.
HEALING comes!
.
There's labor, but then...
.
a BABY comes!
.
There was a burial one Friday, but then...
.
RESURRECTION came on Sunday!!!

.

1 Corinthians 1:18-19 says,

"For the message of the cross is foolishness

to those who are perishing,

but to us who are being saved it is the power of God..."

.

FRIDAY'S HERE!
.

SUNDAY'S COMING!
.

.

God gave us signs of resurrection, all over our yard, yesterday April 9, 2009. I pondered the week that Christ went to the cross. I meditated on my father-in-law's favorite song that was written right here in "The Garden State" in our little town of Pitman, NJ. I sang some of it's words:

.
"I come to the garden alone,

While the dew is still on the roses.

And the voice I hear, falling on my ear

The Son of God discloses.
.

And He walks with me and He talks with me

And He tells me I am His own

And the joy we share as we tarry there

None other has ever known!"
.
I prayed that our first grandaughter, who was in the process of being born, would come to know the Son of God in the way the song speaks. Jacqueline was in labor in Chicago; we were in New Jersey. All I could do was pray and ponder. As I walked our yard, I saw this beautiful purple flower...
...and my mind went to two songs that Steve and I have sung alot over the years:
.

SONG #1:

"We have a Father, Who lives up above,

His eyes full of mercy, His heart full of love.

He really cares when your head is bowed low...

consider the lilies and then you will know.

.

Consider the lilies they don't toil or spin

But there's not a king with more splendor than them

Consider the sparrows, they don't plant or sow,

But they're fed by the Master Who watches them grow."

.

Song #2:

"I marvel at the wisdom of my God,

I marvel at the wisdom of my God.

When I see a little lily pushing up the heavy sod,

I marvel at the wisdom of my God."
.



.
The signs of NEW LIFE were all over our yard:

.
.
.

.
.

.



.
This last picture, of our living room window, shows the message that it holds for those who pass by. I want our new grandaughter to know this J.O.Y. - the JOY of resurrection! Here are some things that I know about this word:
.
  1. The birth of Jesus coming to earth was announced with great JOY!

  2. While on earth, Jesus taught that in spite of our circumstances, JOY was still possible: "REJOICE, and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great..." Matthew 5:12

  3. The apostle Paul understood #2, "I am overflowing with JOY in all our affliction..." 2 Corinthians 7:4

  4. When a person dies to him or herself and let's Jesus take control, the Holy Spirit grows wonderful things inside that person's heart. JOY is one of the things that God grows inside His children as they "walk and talk" with Him. The apostle Peter talked about this in his first sermon after Jesus ascended to heaven, "...God has made Him both Lord and Christ — this Jesus whom you crucified."
    Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brethren, what shall we do?" And Peter said to them, "Repent, and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and your children, and for all who are far off..."
    Acts 2:36-40

  5. His mercies are new every morning!
  6. Praise God that He has given us a promise that can be passed from generation to generation. Growing up, I was taught a reframe of the Greatest Commandments: "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, You shall love others as yourself." I was taught it this way: J.O.Y. = Love Jesus first! Love others as much as you love yourself (So, love yourself alot!) This week on this blog, we have called it: L1, L2, LA1, and LA2!
.
FRIDAY'S HERE BUT SUNDAY'S COMING!
.

The story of NEW LIFE was abundant this week! As the sun set in the west, I finished taking my pictures in the yard. The phone rang! Jordan says, "I'm a dad!" What beautiful words! I am so blessed to know that our grandaughter will have a dad and a mom who intimately know her Heavenly Father. Generations of believers, on both sides of the family, to teach and model for Chloe Mae GOD'S LOVE and it's RESURRECTION POWER!

.


Chloe Mae Sikes



.

Born: April 9th, 2009

.





.

1 comment:

Annette said...

Welcome Cloe! Congratulations to all!!!!

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!