I find that God provides me with some of the most amazing examples for this blog at just the right time! Last week a friend sent Steve and me the following. Steve used it in his sermon on Sunday and I will share it here today. We have changed the names of this sweet couple just in case they would prefer their names not to be known. Notice especially the words that I have highlighted in bold. Be BLESSED!
The girl in the picture is Natalie, she is 21. Next to her, her fiancé, Ned, 23. The picture was taken shortly before their wedding ceremony, held on January 11, 2005 in the US . Natalie had terminal cancer and spent hours a day receiving medication. In the picture, Ned is waiting for her on one of the many sessions of chemo to end.
- Joy is reachable... it's a fruit that the Spirit of God grows in those who belong to Him!
- Life is short, so forgive quickly!
- Love truly and deeply!
- Life is hard, but God is good all the time!
- Life is not always the party we expected it to be but as long as we are here, we should...
- ...REJOICE AND BE GLAD!!!
"Blessed are you when people insult you,
persecute you and
falsely say all kinds of evil against you
because of me.
Rejoice and be glad,
because great is your reward in heaven..."