This blog is about the daily transformation that takes place when a mom turns her life over to THE EVERLASTING GOD... JESUS CHRIST!!! I love to look in the mirror and say, "Mirror, mirror on the wall do you see Jesus in me at all?" I also love to pick out the names / characteristics of Jesus to call my family by. So, I'll share a few of those with you.
Then, each person who leaves a comment about their favorite name of Jesus will have their name put in a drawing for a $20 framed print (8 x 10) of The Names of Jesus (by my friend Cindy Grubb who is a well known calligrapher).
I did a post about this back in November 11, 2008 on GRATITUESDAY. Here's part of that post:
- STEVE has many characteristics of his big brother Jesus- including PRINCE OF PEACE and GOOD TEACHER...Steve exemplifies the fruit of the Holy Spirit in his life-two of which are peace and goodness. To know Steve, is to know his multi-faceted love for peace which includes wanting others to be at peace with their Maker. He portrays the goodness of God to all those who sit at his feet...even being known for his oft used phrase: GIGATTAATTGIG..."God is good all the time and all the time God is good!" Thank you, Steve, for wanting to be more like Jesus! .
- CRYSTAL has many characteristics of her big brother Jesus-including VINE and GOOD SHEPHERD…Jesus is called The Vine because He connects his family and weaves in and out of their lives...Crystal does that! A good shepherd is someone who watches out for the needs of others within a "flock"...she's done that over and over again with groups of children, teens, and peers. Thank you, Crystal, for wanting to be more like Jesus!. .
- CALEB has many characteristics of his big brother Jesus- including WORD and CREATOR…one and two word descriptions of Jesus are important to see Who He is and Caleb is very careful to value words and their meanings, pondering over deeper connections. He also has the creativity gene of Jesus to the point that when he is writing songs, poetry, etc. he is at his best. Thank you, Caleb, for wanting to be more like Jesus!. .
- JESSICA has many characteristics of her big brother Jesus-including MEDIATOR and WONDERFUL COUNSELOR…even though she says that she doesn't have the "auditory gift", she is a good listener when people come to her with their problems...wonderful! She has a gift of defusing arguments and has defused several over the years within the Sikes' household and on the job. Thank you, Jessica, for wanting to be more like Jesus!. .
- JORDAN has many characteristics of his big brother Jesus- including LION and LAMB… he is a natural born leader, in the home, church, and workplace, who can be decisive and have a strong opinion while being kind, gentle and compassionate...he is not too proud to be a great follower like a lamb...it's unusual to have those two characteristics in one person. Thank you, Jordan, for wanting to be more like Jesus!.JESUS, thank you for Who You are! We want to become more and more like You!
Who do you see JESUS in? What name of Jesus is especially close to your heart?
Find more giveaways here April 27 - May 1, 2009: http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/blog/springtime-giveaway-carnival