- 2006 pornography's worldwide revenue: $96 billion
- Average # of visitors per month to adult web sites (worldwide): 72 million
- Percentage of men ages 18-34 who visit a porn site per month: more than 70%
- Divorces in which excessive online pornography is a factor: more that 50%
- Percentage of families that say pornography is a factor: 47%
- Average age of first internet exposure to pornography: 11 years
- Percentage of children ages 8 to 16 who have viewed online porn (even by accident when doing homework): 90%
- B lessing of (persevering) TEMPTATION: 1:12 "Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial (temptation); for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life."
- A dmonition of TEMPTATION: 1:13 "Let no one say when he is tempted, " I am being tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone." Don't blame God!
- M ath of TEMPTATION: 1:14-15 "But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. 15 Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death."
- Temptation = Desire + Opportunity
- Sin = Desire + Opportunity + Action
- Punishment = Desire + Opportunity + Action + Unforgiven
- M ercy of TEMPTATION: 1:16-17 "Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. 17 Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights..." Ahhhhhh! The gift of a way out! The gifts of forgiveness and salvation...
- God "limits" the power and strength of temptation. (1 Corinthians 10:13) A verse every christian should memorize.
- God "gives" us a way out of temptation. Victory = Desire + Opportunity + Limited Temptation + Escape
- God "limits" the opportunities of temptation. Do we? (Matthew 6:9-13)
- God "gives" us a spirit of self-discipline during temptation (2 Timothy 1:7).
- God forgives when we fall into temptation (Hebrews 4:14-16).
BAMM - BAMM!