So, what do you do when you get squeezed? That's a question that has come up alot on this blog lately. This week we've talked about having a power source and making sure that what's on the inside of us is what God wants to be there.
This week has been extremely busy for many. One of the things that keeps me encouraged through the week is to hear from and stay connected with my christian family. One of the great things about Facebook and email is that encouragement can sometimes happen from someone in another state, country, or continent. This week I saw several Facebook status' that caught my eye and gave me reason to be encouraged. These came from South America, Texas, Illinois, Nebraska, Virginia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. GIGATTAATTGIG! Here are a few:
"My son made the honor roll again! Congrats lil one,
whoever knew that walking out of the abortion clinic
would be the best decision I've ever made.
Thank you God for your convicting Spirit!!!
I serve and all knowing; all powerful God!!!"
- V received an email from her grandmother (Mama Sikes): "You're doing a great job with an eternal purpose. Never fail to DAILY teach them Bible stories with the memorization of scripture with everyday applications so that Jesus lives in their decision making. Always give God the Glory and the reason why you do and say what you do. Love ya' heaps, Mama Sikes""
- Then, there was Vanessa's Wednesday status: "V is so grateful Reese didn't get hit by a car while in the car pool line at school. Thank you LORD!!!"
- Later Vanessa explained the rest of the storyabout her little preschooler: "R" was taking a little longer to get out of his seat. He had to put on his jacket and backpack (he wanted it buttoned up) but I told him that people were waiting on us to leave. So I kissed him and got him out of the van. Then "M" comes running out of the building yelling and jumping!! I didn't know what it was about until I saw the car ... getting OUT of line to pass us!! She kept yelling, "You could have killed him!!" I was so scared yet thankful that he stopped. I know a major issue is a language barrier but I think he understood her jumping and waving her hands. Hopefully he won't do it again! Praise God!! And you know the best part of all is this morning Brad prayed for safety for Reese (specifically) as he went to school!! God is good all the time!!! :-D
If all that isn't enough for "catch up and must do", how about this? The other day I sent a quick email out to Steve and the kids (our adult children) saying,
Just want to share my top 3 picks of the week and the week isn't over!
- Chloe's one minute video: http://jordandjacqueline.blogspot.com/
- Susan Boyle will either rip your heart out OR make you smile from ear to ear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY
- Julie Marcum's testimony of God's faithfulness when people pray persistently and don't give up: http://jjmarcum22.blogspot.com