It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Saturday, April 11, 2009

CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST...THE SONG SAYS "DAILY DYING" AND "PIERCING PURPOSE"

KETCHUP AND MUSTARD SATURDAY
Catch Up and Must Do


.
There's usually a different mix of women each week who go to lunch after our Tuesday morning Patriarchs Bible study. This week there were about 12 of us at Wendy's (plus kids). I'm bummed! My pictures will not download off of my camera! Brenda and Lexi were visiting and we had a b-day celebration for Lexi. The kids all wore matching hats. It was great fun! You're missing out not seeing the pics!
.
Well, if you haven't heard by now... I'm a first time Grandmother! Baby Chloe was born on Thursday evening. Oh, Steve and I have lots of ideas about spending time with Chloe. Of course, part of getting to know her and her getting to know us will to understand what each of our preferences are. I wonder if she'll want KETCHUP or MUSTARD on her Sonic Burger?!!!? Hmmmm!!!

.




If you haven't yet read about Chloe, I invite you to read yesterday's post: FRIDAY'S HERE! SUNDAY'S COMING!
.
Have you listened to this week's song? Really listened? Many of the words send shivers up my spine. I read somewhere that this song was voted as the number one christian song of the '90's. It is very convicting! The words 'DAILY DYING' and 'PIERCING PURPOSE' have struck me each day as I've listened and relistened to it.
.
As we finish out the "Be-attitudes" and head on to the next few verses in Matthew chapter 5. I'd like to tell you part of a true story that has been taking place over the past few months. It's a story that is inspirational.
.
Jordan's wife, Jacqueline (Chloe's mommy) has a best friend from college who went over to Austria to do mission work. I'll call her "S". "S" met a young man there and they married. He had trouble getting a visa to come to the US. She became pregnant with their first child and as the due date approached (a little before Jacqueline's) she traveled back to the US to have the baby here. She found a job working at an agency that placed "unwanted babies" with adoptive parents. The plan was for her husband to follow as soon as it could be arranged. Instead, he was never cleared to come. Their baby died in utero in January.
.
I have wept and prayed for "S", for her being able to reunite permanently with her husband, for her strength in her job, and for her relationship with Jacqueline to remain strong. Over the last few months, I have gone to "S's" Facebook page and seen that she has posted different status' about herself. This young lady understands about "DAILY DYING" and "PIERCING PURPOSE". Some of her comments from January until now have been:
.
"My God, my God,
why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,
so far from the words of my groaning?"
(Psalm 22:1)

.
"Too Beautiful For Earth"
My precious baby boy --
always in heart,
but I wish he was in my arms.
I miss him everyday!

.
"S" thinks that the loss of a child
is different than any other loss
because you lose a part of your future.
You mourn the memories that can now never be..."

.
"S" wishes band-aids worked for hearts...."


.
"Sometimes the best remedy for grief is
finding some way to touch
somebody else's life."
.


"When all that I can sing
is a broken Hallelujah,
when my offering is shattered praise
-- still I will worship You and
give You the praise.
Lord, hear my heart in this painful place"...

.
"S" posted a Max Lucado quote:
"God in heaven has chosen
to bend near toward the Earth
to see our sorrow and
hear our prayers.
He is not so far above us
that He is not touched by our tears "

.

“God didn't promise days without pain,

laughter without sorrow,

sun without rain,

but He did promise strength for the day,

comfort...'

.

Then, this past week "S" writes to

Jordan and Jacqueline:

"I can't wait to hear her NAME! :-)

I am waiting by phone....

call or text and give her kisses for me. "

.


"Yea! I'm a god-aunt.
I personally think god-aunts
are just as cool as regular aunts....
we'll have to let Chloe decide.
I can't WAIT to meet her."

.
.
.
I believe that although "S" hurts deeply,
she is learning how to
REJOICE,
to DAILY DIE
and follow life's
PIERCING PURPOSE.
.
.
FRIDAY WAS HERE!
.
.
SUNDAY'S COMING!
.
.

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!