It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Saturday, August 9, 2008

WHO AM I? I AM YOURS!

Over the last few days, I have shared stories about a life well lived. My cousin, David Watkins could answer the question "Who am I?" with "I AM YOURS!"
.

Today, I have on my heart two families who are dear to those of us in our Tuesday moms class. Two of our sisters in Christ, made the decision long ago to answer the question "Who am I?" with "I AM YOURS!" They have been LIGHT and SALT to their husbands, to their families, and to us. What wonderful memories have and are taking place in these two families this weekend.


1. Linda, we love you and are praying for you. Those of us who cannot be there physically want you to know that we're still there! I love the Daddy and Mommy of this family! I love this family! Those of you who are in our moms class do, too. Greg and Linda are mentors to so many - deeply loving people who came to know Jesus as adults. Yet, what a heritage they have given to their children and grandchildren! Today, their youngest child, son Andrew (bearded, in front), will marry his sweetheart, Lindsey. Many of you have traveled to Nashville, Tennessee to be part of this wonderful celebration! Congratulations, Andrew and Lindsey! We are so thankful that you both already answered the question "Who am I?" with "I AM YOURS!" Today, you will answer it to each other, "I am yours!"



2. Carla, you have prayed for the day when your Sherwin would become a United States citizen. Sherwin, you have made two huge decisions in your adult life. First, you chose to answer the question "Who am I?" with "I AM YOURS!" Now, on a little bit lesser but still very important scale, you can add the answer "I AM A CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WHO WAS BORN IN THE PHILIPPINES!" Congratulations, Sherwin! We deeply love both of you and pray for your little family as you grow from 4 to 5 in the next few days or weeks.
Yesterday, I shared David's story and his last words in this life: "crown...crown". Then, Janet commented about how that had ministered to her and suggested that we all see/hear a video featuring music by the group CASTING CROWNS. As a mother, I have loved going to different christian concerts over the years with my kids. I went with Caleb to hear Casting Crowns at the Indiana University Auditorium in Bloomington, Indiana several years ago. I can get a little excited at a concert. Steve and I went to a concert several years ago and after I held my hands up for most of the 3 hours - I came home with black and blue marks all over my arms. I believe I would have gotten REALLY excited if I would have been at the following "white glove" concert...Janet, thanks for this link! I had to watch the "You catch me when I'm falling" part several times before I saw what you were talking about. WOW!
.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT7x3VnrqbA

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!