It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Monday, August 11, 2008

TRANSITIONS...TRANSFORMATIONS...

It can be a remarkable "first step" when we allow ourselves to make a transition...do things a different way...step out in faith...trust in GOD inspite of the questions...
.
Yesterday morning, I loved leading Katherine's BIBLE 101 class for such a great group of seeking women. Women who are really desiring to move to a different place in their spiritual journey. Seekers! WOW! In the short time we were together, we cried, we laughed, we made commitments, we followed some R.E.A.P.S. devotionals, we talked about that if we really look for the Holy Spirit's work - He's evident everywhere...we talked about the Sermon on the Mount...
.
Jesus talked in the SERMON on the MOUNT of some very powerful TRANSITIONS that lead to TRANSFORMATION. Here are some Patti paraphrases:
.
  1. Selfish to Selfless....................................... BLESSED ARE THE POOR IN SPIRIT!
  2. Sinful to Sinless......................................... BLESSED ARE THEY THAT MOURN!
  3. Unsubmissive to Submissive..................... BLESSED ARE THE MEEK!
  4. Unsatisfied to Satisfied............................... BLESSED ARE THEY THAT HUNGER/THIRST FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS!
  5. Cruel to Compassionate............................ BLESSED ARE THE MERCIFUL!
  6. Adulterated to Unadulterated.................... BLESSED ARE THE PURE IN HEART!
  7. Instigator to Intercessor............................ BLESSED ARE THE PEACEMAKERS!
  8. Mediocrity to Making a Stand.................... BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO ARE PERSECUTED FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS SAKE!
  9. Loved by many to Lied about by many.............. BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO ARE LIED ABOUT AND INSULTED WHEN THEY ARE PERSECUTED!
.

In Christ, stepping out in faith TRANSITIONS can lead to beautiful TRANSFORMATIONS ... it is easy to see how great our GOD is when we observe these TRANSFORMATIONS...

I notice transition all around...right now, I am specifically thinking about our mom's group...let's pray for beautiful transformations in each of these situations:
.

  1. I will be helping my two daughters move this week: Crystal to Rochester College for fall semester and Jessica here from Indiana.
  2. Katherine has recently had Rachel return from New Zealand and is now on her way to College Station, Texas to take Luke to school.
  3. Linda just spent the weekend experiencing Andrew and Lindsey's wedding at Otter Creek Church in Nashville. See the picture below.
  4. Some of you are at camp this week with your kids, some for the first time: Alana, Jo-Ann, Stephanie, Brenda...are there others?
  5. Debbie surprised us all when she and Glenn said their "I DO's" in front of a Justice of the Peace while in Nashville attending Andrew's wedding. See picture below. This huge transition for both of them comes as Debbie's 3 kids transition: 2 to Harding and one to Rwanda for a year of mission.



Greg and Linda's oldest son, Jeff, is in a Nashville singing group called: THE ZOE GROUP. Here are clips of some songs from one of their albums. Two I find especially relevant for today: HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD and IN CHRIST ALONE:

http://www.zoegroup.org/eco/store.asp?SID=1&Item=270

.

.

2 comments:

Carla said...

For those of you who weren't in our Sunday morning Bible class, I want to tell you about my God Stop from last week and into the weekend. On Thursday I went to The Way Station to pick up a David Phelps CD, which all of you must have already bought, so they were plumb out! So I'm standing there thinking, "Aww man! I came all the way here and they don't even have it," but while I was thinking that, the song "Who am I?" came on the radio. Note: I have no idea how I know that song, but when Debbie (Durham) played it during one of her talks, I knew it already, even though I don't have it on any CDs that I know of. Anyway, I decided to buy that Casting Crowns CD instead, and I LOVE IT! I've had several of the songs in my head ever since, and Sunday morning I mentioned two that go along with Patti's lesson. One is "Voice of Truth," talking about choosing not to listen to Satan's lies about us, but rather to listen to the voice of truth from GOD, who tells us we are HIS. The other song was "Who am I?" which follows the same line of thought. So as I said this, Patti just smiled and said, "Have you looked at the blog from yesterday?" There HE goes again! Patti's blog from Saturday, my CD experience, and Steve's sermon yesterday....Hmmm....Think HE's trying to tell me something? And you too!

Andrea said...

Talk about a God Stop. Casting Crowns song "Who I am" has crossed my path twice in less than a ten minute period. Like Carla, I know the song, but not sure why?

I was checking my e-mail and someone sent me a video. I usually delete these due to lack of time. I'm feeling CAMP LAG today so I sat here and downloaded the video. I watched then added it to my blog. To see a the video on "Who Am I" go to my blog http://mom4boys.blogspot.com/ and follow the directions. You'll have to go to the bottom of my blog and turn down the music from my playlist and then scroll back but to the post and click. Enjoy! Carla should love the hand symbols with your sign language backgroud.

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!