It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I SURRENDER ALL...I'M BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT..

Just a short note to say, "I love each of you!" Here are my last songs of the month to share. I believe they summarize the focus of our summer theme the most. They encapsulate the beginning of the SERMON ON THE MOUNT: 1,2,3... Sister, we can change our world when we can say to God, "I SURRENDER ALL...I'M BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT FOR THE LOVE OF YOU JESUS..." I hope the words to these two songs have equal impacts on you as do the other favorite songs that you choose in your voting. Please, join me this week in meditating on these words and let's talk about them at the end of the week...


I SURRENDER ALL! by Clay Crosse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H3_DCxLMek&NR=1

I have wrestled in the darkness of this lonely pilgrim land
raising strong and mighty fortresses, I alone command.
With these castles I’ve constructed by the strength of my own hand
are just temporary kingdoms on foundations made of sand.

In the middle of the battle, I believe I’ve finally found,
I’ll never know the thrill of victory til I’m willing to lay down
all my weapons of defense and earthly strategies of war.
So, I’m laying down my armor and clinging helplessly to Yours.

CHORUS: I surrender all my silent hopes and dreams
though the price to follow costs me everything.
I surrender all my human soul desires,
the sacrifice requires that all my kingdoms fall – I SURRENDER ALL!

If the source of my ambition is the treasure I obtain,
if I measure my successes on the scale of every gain,
if the focus of my religion is the status I obtain,
my accomplishments are worthless and my efforts are in vain.

So, I lay aside these trophies to pursue a higher ground
should You choose somehow to use the life I willingly lay down.
I surrender all the triumphs for it’s only by Your grace.
I relinquish all the glory! I surrender all the praise!

CHORUS: I surrender all my silent hopes and dreams
though the price to follow costs me everything.
I surrender all my human soul desires,
the sacrifice requires that all my kingdoms fall – I SURRENDER ALL!

Everything I am, all I’ve done and all I’ve known
now belongs to you. The life I live is not my own
Just as Abraham lay Isaac on a sacrificial fire,
if all I have is all that You desire –
I SURRENDER ALL!
I surrender all my human soul desires,
The sacrifice requires that all my kingdoms fall,
That all my kingdoms fall, That all my kingdoms fall, I SURRENDER ALL!


BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT by Steve Green
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPXAju9z7Cs

VERSE 1:
One day a plain village woman driven by love for her LORD
Recklessly poured out a valuable essence disregarding the scorn.
And once it was broken and spilled out, a fragrance filled all the room.
Like a prisoner released from his shackles,
Like a spirit set free from the tomb.

CHORUS 1:
Broken and spilled out, just for love of you Jesus.
My most precious treasure, lavished on Thee.
Broken and spilled out and poured at Your feet
In sweet abandon, let me be spilled out and used up for Thee.

VERSE 2:
LORD, You were God’s precious treasure
His loved and His own perfect Son
Sent here to show me the love of the Father
Just for love it was done.
And though You were perfect and holy, You gave of Yourself willingly.
You spared no expense for my pardon, You were used up and wasted for me.

CHORUS 2:
Broken and spilled out, just for love of me, Jesus.
God’s most precious treasure lavished on me.
You were broken and spilled out and poured at my feet.
In sweet abandon, LORD, You were spilled out and used up for me.

In sweet abandon, let me be spilled out and used up for Thee.

.
.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

http://www.memoirsofamommyblog.com/2008/05/new-award-to-give-away.html

Patti, I'm giving you an award that was created by a mom. Her son received a heart transplant and she wanted to honor the donor, so she created the "sharing the love award." You may add the above html to your gadgets with the link so others can visit the site where it all got started.

A paraphrased quote from her blog "share this award with those whose love and friendship have enriched your life and made your world a better place. I hope by passing this award around the blogging world we can all help raise awareness of the need for Organ Donation." www.memoirsofamommyblog.com

I'm passing this on to you for all the moms you helped become master-full. I wish I had been able to attend. I know you blessed many with the gifts God gave you.

Andrea said...

Patti, I didn't send you html. DuH!!! Sorry! I only sent a url. No wonder it won't work. You'll have to go to the site and copy the picture, add it as a picture and give her credit with a link to her site about organ donation. I have a bad habit of skimming when I read and I didn't even pay attention to the fact that what I copied wasn't html, it was a url instead.

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!