It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Thursday, August 28, 2008

GOD'S GOLD!!





I feel like I've just won a gold medal in the Olympics!!!! Yesterday, this blog received this wonderful award from a dear transformed mom, Andrea Olley. Last night, I witnessed a ceremony for Andrea and Chuck's oldest of 4 sons. He received a boy scout service award. Like Mama - like son...CONGRATULATIONS OLLEY'S and thank you, Andrea!
.

The SHARING THE LOVE award was created by Crystal @ Memoirs of a Mommy in honor of the heart donor for her young son, Noah. What a blessing to receive the gift of LIFE!!! After reading this post, click on the above link to read this special love story! The rules for this award are to pass it along to some people whose blogs you love, that make you laugh, smile or leave encouraging comments on your blog and with whom you would like to share some love because they have uplifted, inspired, encouraged or prayed for you. So, over the next few weeks and months I choose to do just that...but, for today...


.



I feel led to tell you another GOD story...a GOD STOP...I love to call them GOD'S GOLD!!!
.

Think of the Olympics...the perserverance, the competition, the triumph, the medal ceremony, the national anthem...wouldn't it be wonderful, if everytime GOD nudges us with a thought, a scripture, a song...or He meets the need of the moment...or He gives an answer to prayer...or He puts someone on our hearts and we call them only to find out that they had been praying for GOD to send them someone...or we've witnessed yet another of His daily miracles...
.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if when these things happen, that we would:




  • smile from ear to ear
  • say "thank You"
  • jump up and down a bit
  • give high fives
  • imagine standing on the podium in front of heavens hosts with a GOLD medal around the neck
  • sing "a GOD anthem" (whatever yours is!)
    .

How many times a day do you and I "win" the gold of heaven...GOD'S GOLD?!?!?!?

.

Oh, I know, it's not the final GOLD... but those of us who are experiencing the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN right now have access to GOLD now!
.
There are thousands, honestly, maybe millions of times that I have received GOD'S GOLD! In some of these "stories" there are piles of GOD'S GOLD. I have had two relatives by marriage who have been blessed with heart transplants. The first of this month, I shared about my cousin David's amazing faith journey. David's dad, my Uncle John (I called him Uncle Peachy), was the recipient of someone else's heart. Years before that a young man, my brother-in-law, had a brush with death before receiving someone else's heart. Two heart transplant patients in one family! ...all because a few someones decided to give the gift of LIFE!!!
.
We will call this "Patti's very abbreviated version of a GOD'S GOLD story". Steve had a friend who was also a graduate student at Indiana University in the same department. They both liked Rueben sandwiches. They were both accomplished swimmers...one taught scuba diving...one was on the swim team. They studied the Bible together. In 1980, a virus "attacked" Steve's friend's heart. Doctors said that he needed complete bed rest. Should he check out of school and return to his parents home?
.
No, he would move into our second bedroom - our "nursery". I had just had a miscarriage and Steve and I were asking GOD what the next step in our lives would be. Little did we know, that we were in store for lots of GOD'S GOLD!!! Our new apartment guest was a blessing to us and for several months he was cared for by Steve and me with the help of my sister and one of Steve's sisters. He read a little green Gideon's New Testament through from cover to cover. During that time, he chose to take on the NEW LIFE that JESUS offers to everyone...Steve baptized his friend.
.
Eventually, his physical life began to return to normal; he fell in love with and married my sister. Steve's friend had become our brother-in-law...then, his heart problems became very bad...and GOD'S GOLD was poured out over and over and over again in a story for another time...23 years later his transplanted heart is still beating...
.

I like to think that my first miscarriage turned out to be a blessing in many ways:

  • The rest we offered Steve's friend in our "nursery" had something to do with giving him LIFE TWICE...rest for his physical heart and guidance for his spiritual heart.
  • It wasn't too long until that nursery was home to a baby boy. Our oldest son, Jordan Luke, was born in April of 1981. Jordan would not be here had I not had the miscarriage in 1980...

There's more to the story...another beating heart would not be beating if I had not had that miscarriage...this heart just started beating 7 weeks ago...my first nomination for THE SHARING THE LOVE AWARD is the blog that announces the new heartbeat of a new child to be born to Jordan and Jacqueline Sikes...

our first grandbaby - GOD'S GOLD!!!!

.

I've been singing...I KNOW MY REDEEMER LIVES the past few weeks...it must be my anthem...it's also popping up in places other than my heart...hmmmm..............

.

LIFE...physical life...SPIRITUAL LIFE...JESUS says, "I am the way, the truth, and THE LIFE."

Please visit the new grandbaby of

2 comments:

Brenda Collins said...

How wonderful that you are sharing your great news with the new baby!!! So exciting for your family!

Missy said...

Oh Patti, what wonderful news! A baby on the way...God's precious gift of a new life,a new soul. Blessings over you and yours.
Love you!

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!