It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Sunday, August 24, 2008

HE WILL CARRY ME!


Today is "THE LORD'S DAY"...I love Sundays-a time to meet with GOD's people to worship, learn, and commune with the One who calls us: His children, His body, His followers, His sheep, His priests...You get the picture...I love being with GOD's people!!!
.

Today, I woke up with a migraine. I seem to get one every few months. Usually they come after weeks of little sleep, lots of stress, not enough water, and/or coming into contact with something that I'm allergic to. Well, today I had built up to the "perfect storm". I used to have migraines almost monthly until I had my gall bladder removed. For me, a migraine involves super sensitivity to light and sound, great pain in head, neck, shoulders, and stomach, flu-like symptoms like vomiting...okay, so you get the picture. During a migraine, it's best to get lots of sleep. .

Today, it was physically impossible for me to go to be with GOD's people on the LORD'S day. I slept much of the day. This afternoon, Jessica went to the grocery for me. Then, Steve made some homemade soup and rubbed my back, neck, and feet for several hours. I moaned and moaned some more. I usually find that a massage, peppermint, lemon water, and a little caffeine take care of things. Today, it lasted for more than 15 hours. Tonight, I said, "does anyone have some chocolate that I can just suck on?" Sure enough, that was enough to start turning my body chemistry around! Two hours later, I am feeling much much better...
.

Two things:
  1. Our daughter, Jessica, has migraines almost daily. She's been to many medical and alternative medicine doctors since her headaches began at the age of 12...she will turn 25 this week. Interestingly, she did have some relief after her emergency gall bladder surgery about 8 years ago. Jessica, moved back home last week to get some support and rest as we continue to pray and work for a cure. Jessica has many more triggers for her migraines than I do...she also has a much better attitude about her pain. Jessica is no stranger to suffering. As a baby, she entered this world with several things wrong with her eyes. She's been on quite a journey ever since.
  2. Our Jesus knew about the journey of suffering. He knew how to do the "Cross Walk". It draws me to Him. Tonight, I knew that I could not finish the day without communing with Him, so at about 10:15 p.m. Steve, Jessica, and I took communion together. Steve read some from a great book, GOD is in the Tough Stuff: Where to Turn When the Going Gets Tough. Here are some of those quotes:
  • In the midst of your pain, opening your ears to GOD will automatically open your heart.
  • There was a time in this world when pain and suffering did not exist. Someday that time will return.
  • GOD has never lost interest in this world, and HE never will.
  • Our suffering matters to GOD. It matters so much that HE subjected HIS own SON to the worst kind.
  • If you can't hear GOD in the tough stuff of your life, it's unlikely you will hear HIM in the good stuff.
  • There is hope in your future if GOD is in your present.
  • Faith in GOD changes the meaning of death. It no longer signals the end-it marks the beginning.
  • Grief without GOD's presence ends in despair. Grief with GOD by your side is no less painful, but ends with hope.
  • For those who believe in GOD, death brings an end to sorrow and pain. The sadness of those left to mourn is diminished when they celebrate this fact.
  • Grief is an expression of your love. Your hope in the midst of grief is an expression of GOD's love.
    .

I was reminded of the email that I got from Mandy last night:


"Maggie is learning that we have to be persistent in prayer at times. She asked, "Is Miss Jessica that is at Mrs. Patti's all better?" I really wanted to say, "Yes, honey, God answered your prayers just as you had it planned." But. alas, this is a lesson she is learning early. If it means anything, your Jessica is teaching my Maggie lessons about prayer, human suffering, faith, God's mysterious ways. Well, she decided we needed to pray again, and we did. In a similar discussion I got to mention to her again that we don't need to pray for Grandma (my mom) anymore because she is happy and safe with Jesus. All of this at bedtime! "
.

Recently, there have been many mothers who I know have been through alot. When our children or husbands hurt, we hurt. I have either talked with you face to face, over the phone, by email, or blog. You are going through a lot:

  • A baby in utero who may be dying
  • A mother who had to have heart surgery, must work full-time, and is guardian of her 4 year old grandson
  • A son who is skeptical about his christianity
  • A mother battling cancer
  • A husband who is discontent with his job.
  • The new birth of a third child but mothers have only two hands
  • A husband who has to work late every night
  • Children with special needs: learning disabilities, autism, PKU, bi-polar, schezophrenia...
  • Children with poor decision making skills
  • Battling post partum depression
  • Loss of family medical insurance
  • Husband lost job
  • Bills, bills, bills
  • Husbands battling alcoholism
  • Much stress and anxiety in the home
  • Death of husband
  • Struggling to find what GOD wants of an empty nester
  • Sleep issues
  • Abuse of pain killers
  • Trouble with children accepting your new marriage
  • Loss of a son at an early age
  • Loss of a husband, father, and brother
  • A mother and father who died in a car wreck leaving two of their little ones behind
  • A young mother who mourns the untimely death of her birth mother
  • Celebrating the long life of a wonderful christian mother, yet missing her terribly...

Whatever your need my dear sister, please be encouraged by another song for you by Mark Schultz:
.
HE WILL CARRY ME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xKK7FyrhK4&feature=related

2 comments:

B and V Leonard said...

Aunt Patti,

I so grateful you are feeling better. Give big hugs to Steve and Jess .... what a blessing they are! We miss you.

Again...I love this song!!

Brenda Collins said...

I am so sorry you were so miserable. it stinks that you and jessica struggle with headaches! we all love you!

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!