It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'LL DO THE NEXT THING!!!!...because... MY DELIVERER IS COMING!

Yesterday, I bared a little of my soul to you as I shared about some heart hurts and healings over the last few years. I cannot say enough how much the song HOLD FAST blessed me. May you continue to watch it and be encouraged by it as I was encouraged to not give up...to put one foot in front of the other.
.
Last night at different times there were phone calls from Caleb and his wife. One of them is having an extremely difficult work situation. Choosing to stand up for the right will be important, yet difficult. What would Jesus do? These calls came before and after I had posted HOLD FAST...knowing that today I would share another song that ministered to me during my very hard times: MY DELIVERER IS COMING!
.
Then, this morning, at just the right time, a dear Pitman sister emailed me: "The Lord kept putting this in my mind while I was at camp. I couldn't find the whole poem for the longest time, and then, He placed it in an email from a friend this morning! GOD IS GOOD! May you be blessed to overflowing this day. I'm learning to Do the Next Thing for the Lord, for my husband, for my family...In him, Alana"
.
No matter if your day is staying on schedule or if it careens wildly off course, you can just ask the Lord for guidance, take one step at a time, and as Elisabeth Elliot says, "Do the next thing."
.
Do The Next Thing
.
"At an old English parsonage down by the sea,
there came in the twilight a message to me.
Its quaint Saxon legend deeply engraven
that, as it seems to me, teaching from heaven.
And all through the hours the quiet words ring,
like a low inspiration, 'Do the next thing.'
.
Many a questioning, many a fear,
many a doubt hath its quieting here.
Moment by moment, let down from heaven,
time, opportunity, guidance are given.
Fear not tomorrow, child of the King,
trust that with Jesus, do the next thing.
.
Do it immediately, do it with prayer,
do it reliantly, casting all care.
Do it with reverence, tracing His hand,
who placed it before thee with earnest command.
Stayed on omnipotence, safe 'neath His wing,
leave all resultings, do the next thing.
.
Looking to Jesus, ever serener,
working or suffering be thy demeanor,
in His dear presence, the rest of His calm,
the light of His countenance, be thy psalm.
Do the next thing."
.
Your life is an occasion...RISE TO IT!

.
May God minister to each of you through your reading of Matthew 7 this week, the above poem, yesterday's song, today's song...actually, today's song is especially pertinent for Carla in more ways than one:
.
MY DELIVERER IS COMING written by Rich Mullins the week before his fatal car crash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3BO5CJbw6Y
.
.

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!