It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Friday, August 1, 2008

1, 2, 3, 4...R.E.A.P.S.

Welcome to August 2008! Maybe by the end of the year we'll get all the way through the Sermon on the Mount and our discussion of this Declaration of Dependence...but right now, this month, let's just stick with A ONE, A TWO, A THREE, AND A FOUR...as we continue on our journey of HOLY SPIRIT TRANSFORMATION...

In fact, if you will join me by starting each new day with A ONE, A TWO, A THREE, AND A FOUR...and let's connect it with the way we started this blog in June...our daily R.E.A.P.S. devotionals...Daily REAP what you SOW!

2 Corinthians 9:6 says,
"Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also REAP sparingly,
and whoever sows generously will also REAP generously."

Let this R.E.A.P.S. devotional and CHRIST's first four Be-Attitudes help you SOW GOD's word generously in your heart so that you may REAP bountifully...

Good morning, GOD. Please work on my heart today as I begin it with my 1,2,3,4 R.E.A.P.S.


  1. A one...Being POOR IN SPIRT...selfless...
  2. A two...MOURNING over my sins and those who are lost...so thankful that you, GOD, see me sinless because of the blood of CHRIST...
  3. A three...being MEEK to Your leading, GOD, as I start this new day, I give You the control...please help me not to take it back...submissive...
  4. A four...HUNGRY and THIRSTY FOR YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.... feeding/watering Your HOLY SPIRIT WHO lives inside me...reading/meditating on scripture, listening to/singing christian music, making harmonious connections with Your family and with those who You want me to connect with, doing the right thing with the attitude of CHRIST...pray, pray, pray...all day...satisfied...

GOD, thank you for making TRANSFORMATION take place....Over the past several years there are several songs that I believe You have put on my heart consistently. One of those songs has been every time, the last four or more times, that I have gone to the Sikes' family reunion in Colorado. Shine Jesus Shine has been that song. GOD, as we listen to it here and now, please let it prod our hearts in the ways that You want it to.

GOD, thank you for being with us and in us through this process...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr5Y63bDNNg&feature=related

If you are joining me in today's devotional and have listened to the above song, on a piece of paper, write down the left hand side in big letters (with space between each letter):



  • R.
  • E.
  • A.
  • P.
  • S.

This will be a little different way to do it than we did in June. Today, as I share my devotional with you, we are using a song that GOD has put on my heart. I started by writing the name of the song and some of its lyrics on the space beside the 'S'. Then, I went to the 'R' with a scripture that connects with the song...and then finished with E.A.P. May GOD encourage you as you devote your heart to Him with this song or one of your own.

R ead, ‘rite, and repeat Scripture GOD, give me the wisdom to understand
the simple thought that comes out of this verse, as I write it:



  • 2 Corinthians 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the LORD's glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the LORD, WHO is the SPIRIT.

E mpowered by the HOLY SPIRIT 1. GOD, as I read YOUR WORD, either those around my verse for today or other scriptures about the same topic, help them do what they’re meant to do - feed YOUR HOLY SPIRIT WHO lives within me:

  • The verse before is soooooooo encouraging... 2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the LORD is the SPIRIT, and where the SPIRIT of the LORD is, there is freedom.
  • The verse after starts with therefore...that means it's telling me WHY!!!! 2 Corinthians 4:1 Therefore, since through GOD's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.

And)… 2. GOD, help me to react to Your Spirit’s prodding today. What are You wanting me to do with this teaching? Where are You leading me today?: WOW!!! I certainly didn't know when I started with this song that it would lead to a verse about TRANSFORMATION.... amazing...I should have expected as much. You want us to give up ourselves so You can come to live inside of us...You give me freedom, mercy, a ministry, and encouragement...What a Father!...These verses sure look alot like A ONE, A TWO, A THREE, A FOUR................................

Attitude of CHRIST JESUS GOD, I see CHRIST-LIKE attitudes in these scriptures- please be molding them in me: Spirit, glory, transformation, companionship, relationship, freedom, mercy, ministry, encouragement...

Pray to GOD THE FATHER GOD, please listen while I feebly pray about these thoughts: Once again, You've done it! Taken a song and scripture and filled my heart to over-flowing...I pray that all of this will soak into my spiritual pores as I listen to and sing this song over and over again today and meditate on these three verses. Thank You for being willing to transform me into the likeness of Your SON...It's only because of Him that I can pray this prayer...

S ing with the SPIRIT & UNDERSTANDING Today GOD, as we have talked, You have put this song on my heart...I give it back to YOU…YOU are so faithful...

SHINE JESUS SHINE! My heart is full when I listen to the words of this song and I could write paragraphs and paragraphs...but for today the words..."MIRRORED HERE MAY OUR LIVES TELL YOUR STORY...SHINE ON ME"... reminds me of the saying, "Mirror, mirror on the wall do you see JESUS in me at all?"...reminds me of a scripture that I will write on 'R'.

LET US KNOW WHAT SONG GOD IS USING TO BLESS YOU TODAY!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW!
Flow river flow...
That makes me think of your post the other day...how willing are we to get ankle deep, knee deep, waist deep, neck deep...OR just let go and let Him control us in the RIVER OF LIFE...I love this song!

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!