It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

BREATHE

What a day! I love seeing our moms group on Tuesdays. Women who love each other and have loving Jesus in common. We met together for an hour and a half, the kids were taken care of and we shared "God Stops", dug deep, talked about growing spiritual families where mommy and daddy strive to think of the other first...we split into groups and brainstormed uses for LIGHT and SALT. Let's take some time to BREATHE right now...smile, when you think about your day...
  • Was there something in class that touched you today?
  • Something that met your need where you are right now?
  • If not in class, what about at lunch and around the pool at Nicole's?

Bless you Nicole! Not only did she hostess all of us with our kids today but Nick had arranged with Steve for Steve and I to come to supper. So, Nicole fixed supper for us and Steve and I sat around the table with her, Nick, and Zach talking about spiritual things for hours during and after dinner.

.

Several of you have emailed me today with many things on your hearts. One sister added at the end of a long email, "these past couple weeks have been very interesting and I'm trying to put me aside and just see God work in many ways." Here is a response I gave to one sister. I think it is appropriate to share with everyone.

...

My dear sweet sister, you are feeling overwhelmed...

1st: BREATHE!!!! In and out, deep breathe...breathe in with your nose and out with your mouth...keep it up and IMAGINE that you are in a tree swing....swinging back and forth....breathing in means you are swinging backwards and breathing out means you are swinging forwards...now close your eyes and keep breathing and swinging for a few minutes, a half hour, an hour....take time for yourself...

2nd: Be Inspired! "Inspire" means "the breath of God".....as you practice the above breathing exercise...IMAGINE that GOD is the tree of life that is holding up your swing...and He is the oxygen that you are deep breathing into your lungs...enjoy these times with Him...later, after you are relaxed, you may choose to do this and meditate on ONE scripture...just know that on an airplane, the stewardesses tell you that "In case of an emergency, make sure you have your oxygen mask on correctly before assisting your children with theirs"...you are a better wife and "mommy" when you take time to deep breathe....

3rd: Just BE!!!!! God does not ask you to "fix" things...He only wants to live inside of us and be a blessing where He plants us...you have and are already BEING who He wants you to be...you are ministering to the kids in your neighborhood in a HUGE way...by allowing God to work through you to listen to them, to open your home to them, to be there for them is amazing...you are being what you are to be...Be the attitude and aroma of Christ...I see Christ in who you are...not what you "do"...

  • don't ever forget that your neighbor's daughter sees something amazing in you...she sees Jesus in you...you found a piece of paper she was writing on when she stayed at your house and on it she said that you were somebody that she really wanted to be like...then, she left 20 post-it notes around your house encouraging you and thanking you...
  • don't ever forget that that neighborhood boy likes to come to your house because he sees Jesus in you...he may not know it...but light attracts, encourages, and gives healing...you are light in your neighborhood...

Thank you for the kind words...just so you know...He's still working on me...
Patti


So, for today let's just BREATHE!

The following singing group may or may not be your "style" but one thing I know, the first times I heard these songs on the radio a little over a year ago...I wept. They ministered to me in a great way during a very hard time last year. When I shared the words with my son Caleb, he went out and bought me the CD. They are sung by a group called BIG DADDY WEAVE. If you let them, they may weave some fresh wind straight to the center of your spiritual lungs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w70xy8sPEE4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43OsCozWl2o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXDiTTCTmtg&feature=related

1 comment:

Carla said...

Related to the songs discussion in class yesterday, singing over our children, etc., I wanted to tell you that Steve's recommendation to me when I talked to him about Ria on Monday night over the phone was that I record a CD of myself singing some songs to her and play them in her room while she sleeps. As I write this I'm thinking of all of the times we've talked about Steve's connection with the Holy Spirit and how he so often says things that are immediately thereafter alluded to in our classes or in other instances in our lives. Anyway, I'm in the process of making a list of songs to record and some of your favorites were added yesterday. I'm going to try to borrow a friends computer tomorrow so I can record straight to a CDR. My computer is just too slow for that kind of thing. Anyway, please be praying that this will be a step in the right direction in dealing with Ria's anxiety, nightmares, and sleep issues. Lord willing I will have a great report to give you next week in class!

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!