It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Saturday, August 2, 2008

SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL BECAUSE HE LIVES

This month, we're focusing on having A SONG IN OUR HEART, so we'll start with the 'S' of our R.E.A.P.S. then do A ONE, A TWO, A THREE, AND A FOUR and then finish with R.E.A.P.

S ing with the SPIRIT & UNDERSTANDING Today GOD, as we have talked, You have put this song on my heart...I give it back to YOU…YOU are so faithful...

Oft times I sing music, not knowing the story behind it, the writer, or the person singing it. Such is the case of several songs that GOD has put on my heart in the last few days...years. Tuesday after class, several of you came up to me and thanked me for the stories behind the last two songs that we had listened to by the Gaithers: Because He Lives and Something Beautiful.

Because He Lives was written at the time of the birth of the Gaithers oldest child...Also, my friend had gone to one of the world's largest churches last summer and walked in to hear thousands singing this song in Korean. She said it was an amazingly spiritual experience.
http://noolmusic.com/youtube_videos/because_he_lives_by_the_gaither_vocal_bandmark_lowry.php

That song and the next one truly sum up a one, a two, and a three...

Something Beautiful is a song that touched the heart of Jeana Marcum who was brought over from a life of poverty in Belize to America, as a child, by Steve's sister and her husband. She sang this song as her "anthem"! Not long before she died from a seizure in the bathtub, she won first place at her county fair singing a deeply passionate version of this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar-sPqVmOSc


A one...Being POOR IN SPIRIT...selfless...
A two...MOURNING over my sins and those who are lost...so thankful that you, GOD, see me sinless because of the blood of CHRIST...
A three...being MEEK to Your leading, GOD, as I start this new day, I give You the control...please help me not to take it back...now that I've emptied myself out, please fill me to the brim with You...keep me submissive...
A four...HUNGRY and THIRSTY FOR YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.... feeding/watering Your HOLY SPIRIT WHO lives inside me...reading/meditating on scripture, listening to/singing christian music, making harmonious connections with Your family and with those who You want me to connect with, doing the right thing with the attitude of CHRIST...pray, pray, pray...all day...satisfied...

Please join me by beginning at the 'S' below:

R ead, ‘rite, and repeat Scripture GOD, give me the wisdom to understand the simple thought that comes out of this verse, as I write it:
2 Corinthians 4:1 Therefore, since through GOD's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.

E mpowered by the HOLY SPIRIT

1. GOD, as I read YOUR WORD, either those around my verse for today or other scriptures about the same topic, help them do what they’re meant to do - feed YOUR HOLY SPIRIT WHO lives within me:

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the LORD's glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the LORD, WHO is the SPIRIT.

2. GOD, help me to react to Your Spirit’s prodding today. What are You wanting me to do with this teaching? Where are You leading me today?:

I am not to lose heart because I am involved in a ministry of TRANSFORMATION...GOD's transforming me to be His woman...He's given me a ministry to help transform others into His likeness...and He wants me to remain ENCOURAGED...DO NOT LOSE HEART...because He lives I CAN face tomorrow...something beautiful is being made of my life...

Attitude of CHRIST JESUS GOD, I see CHRIST-LIKE attitudes in these scriptures- please be molding them in me:

FAITH in GOD...believing that He is WHO He says that He is and He will do what He says He will do...help me face tomorrow, make something beautiful of my life, help me not to lose heart, and TRANSFORM ME!!!!

Pray to GOD THE FATHER GOD, please listen while I feebly pray about these thoughts: GOD, help me to believe that I can face tomorrow, that You are making something beautiful of my life through your HOLY SPIRIT TRANSFORMATION. Help me to not lose heart! These two songs certainly help to encourage me. Thank You for the people who wrtoe them. Thank You that the words are so true. Thank You, JESUS!


LET US KNOW WHAT SONG GOD IS USING TO BLESS YOU TODAY!!!

2 comments:

Brenda Collins said...

So I am driving home from Matthew's Aunt's house. The baby starts crying very loudly in the back. Have you driven on the highway with a screaming baby? I tried talking to her, singing, plugging her up with the binky. None of the above was working. Then I remembered that we each had CDs from class this last week. I thought wouldn't it be funny and a good story to tell if I put this CD I have been meditating on all week in and the baby stopped crying. You know what, as soon as the voices started singing, there was no more crying! Yeah for Christian music which brings the Holy Spirit into the car and soothes an upset baby! I so wanted to call someone from class to tell you this, but it seemed silly to say out loud. So here is the post! Yeah for Jesus providing peace for a baby who doesn't even understand yet...or maybe understands better then the grown up mommy.

Carla said...

The song that has come to me since the beginning of this devotional series has been, "I've Got Confidence." I thought it was so funny that THAT song would come to me since I haven't heard or thought of it in YEARS! Do you all know it? "I've got confidence my LORD is gonna see me through...No matter what the case may be, my LORD is gonna fix it for me." Such simple words repeated over and over. And so meaningful. Especially for us women who are having daily struggles to get by and stay focused on HIM.

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!