It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Friday, August 8, 2008

Robe and A CROWN!!!!!!

Over the years, I have been blessed to know some great christian singers. There is a group of men who used to hold down jobs during the week and then be "weekend warriors" in song for the LORD. Now, they are a full time, world traveling, acapella gospel singing group led by a wonderful brother in Christ, Gary Miller. They call themselves VOCAL UNION. They have sung in the White House, Carnegie Hall, and even in the Steve and Patti Sikes living room when we lived in York, Nebraska. They have also stayed with Steve's parents, Papa and Mama Sikes. I would love for you to become acquainted with their music. Today, please listen to them sing: A ROBE AND CROWN. It will prepare your mind for the AMAZING story that will follow.



As we read through the first part of Christ's SERMON ON THE MOUNT, this week in Matthew 5, you might be startled by how the chapter ends: "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." How can that be? I understand that my heavenly Father is perfect, but how can I be perfect?

.

After further study, it is encouraging to know that He is saying here:

"Be mature...be equipped...be complete...grow up!"

.

This is a summary of a chapter with some very hard teachings. In other words, Jesus is telling the huge crowd that following Him in these teachings will mature them in their christian walk, equip them for the journey, and complete in them what He designed them to be via his teachings of the Be Attitudes, salt, light, loving one another...even our enemies...even when it seems too hard...

.

In October of last year, my husband Steve spoke to the church here in Pitman on being equipped for this christian life:

  • Lesson 1: Equipped through Jesus Christ
  • Lesson 2: Equipped through Holy Spirit Grace Gifts
  • Lesson 3: Equipped through Suffering

.

In the 3rd lesson, Steve used two major illustrations: one of our LORD JESUS CHRIST and one of my cousin, David Watkins, who I told you about yesterday.
.

GOD, equipped my cousin David through great suffering. As a young man, David's father had to have a heart transplant and his mother had many health challenges. Then David's own health challenges came and then went into remission for a while. Here David is posing for a picture for Steve in front of his mantle. Not long afterward, he found that he was no longer in remission.


David Watkins
August 7, 1966 to May 7, 2007
As you listen to minutes 20 through 23 on the "online sermon" you will hear about the last 24 hours of David's life and what these statements made by David have to do with it. As a mom, may you think again of the eternal importance you make in raising your children to follow Jesus. May you be eternally blessed!
.

  1. "He gave us LIFE. He gave us HIS life. He gave us His LIFE. Thank you, LORD."
  2. "Who is that man standing in the corner?"
  3. "Crown...crown!"

.

You can hear Steve's whole or partial sermon online by going to http://www.cochrist.org/ and clicking:

  • online sermons

Then, scroll down to October 28, 2007. Click on it to listen to the whole 23 minute sermon OR fast forward to minute 20:00 and listen to the last 3+ minutes. I believe it will be something that may encourage you for the rest of your life. Whichever way you choose to listen to it...here are some of the power point slides that will give you some of what we saw as Steve talked.

THE PLAN:

.
...The Father equipped the Son...

Mark 1:11-12, 35; Hebrews 5:7-10


...The Son equipped the Apostles...

Matthew 5:48; Mark 1:17; John 17:4-8


...The Apostles equipped the disciples...

Mark 16:15; Matthew 28:18-20; Colossians 1:28-29


...The disciples (evangelists, pastors, teachers) equip the church...

Ephesians 4:11-16


...God through Jesus equips us...

Hebrews 13:20-21; Ephesians 4:8-10



3 comments:

Carla said...

Hmmm....we have a quiet group this week. Well I just want you to know that God woke me up this morning. I had moved up to bed with Ria, hoping that would help her sleep better and later, but there are no clocks up there. When I woke up to the sunrise and to go potty, of course, I came on downstairs to make sure Sherwin had gotten off as he needed to, but he had apparently put rice in the microwave and fallen back asleep. It was 6:25 and he was supposed to leave before 6:30 to make it to his oath-taking this morning! Thank you, God, for waking me up so I could help get him out the door! I'm still praying, with faith, for God's quick and safe transport of my husband to this important ceremony. But the other thing He woke me for was to get this blog listened to while my kids are still sleeping. Thank you, God!

I want to take this opportunity to share a bit of news, too. I saw my dr yesterday and he is estimating the baby at 8 1/2 pounds already! I'm not dilated, though. So I'll have another ultrasound today and he wants to see me Monday after he gets the results. Please pray with me that the baby will come at the right time. Next week Sherwin is scheduled for overtime on Monday and Thursday, so he won't get home till almost 8pm. Tuesday he has a 6pm dentist appointment, and most of you will be out of town next week, so I really need prayers that the baby will come after all of that, but that the week will pass quickly for me. I need distractions, but I also need rest. All of you who will be travelling are in my prayers, too. I'll miss you! And I love you all!

PS: I guess it's okay that you're all being quiet. I'm talking enough for all of you!

Terry Rush said...

Patti,

Awesome to hear from you on my blog. Shoot me a note @ trush@memorialdrive.org please.

I love you today!

Unknown said...

I started this day needing some extra support and I've found it here. God hears our prayers and meets every need.

A friend sent me this Casting Crowns video and I love it. It's unique! See if you can spot what happens when they sing the words "Catch me when I fall"....Praise God!

http://www.mychurch.org/blog/30635

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!