It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Great I AM is My SAVIOR, MY GOD!

Contemplating and meditating on the overwhelming expanse of WHO GOD is can be mind boggling. I love the many songs that sing about JESUS being our GOD. Several of them are so convicting and encouraging to me. Here are two:

  1. I AM is sung by Mark Schultz who many of you have told me is one of your favorite singers.
  2. MY SAVIOR MY GOD is sung by Aaron Shust who from the first time I heard him reminded me of how our son Caleb sings.
    .

Several years ago, Caleb helped me compile a list from the Bible of all the names/descriptions of JESUS. It was seemingly limitless. Yet, through this exhaustive search I became more convinced than ever that JESUS is GOD. I, then, tried to put the list in alphabetical order, only to find there were many many descriptions/names at almost every letter. Not long ago, I tried to narrow that list down to a basic "ABC's of JESUS" list for mommies and daddies to memorize with their kids. I have tweaked it several times and may again, but for right now here are the ABC's of JESUS to start the new school year with:
.

ABC’s of JESUS CHRIST
A.....Author of life – Acts 3:15
B.....Beginning and the End - Revelation 22:13
C.....Creator –John 1:1-3
D.....Deliverer-Romans 11:26
E.....Eternal Life-I John 5:13 & 20
F.....Faithful & True-Revelation 19:11
G.....GOD-John 1:1, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:47...
H.....Holy One of God-Mark 1:24 / High Priest forever-Hebrews 6:20
I......I AM – John 6-19

  • The Bread of Life
  • The Living Bread
  • From God
  • The Light of the World
  • The Door of the Sheep
  • The Good Shepherd
  • The Son of God
  • The Resurrection and The Life
  • Teacher and LORD
  • The Way, the Truth, and the Life
  • The True Vine
  • A King – for this I have been born
  • King of the Jews

J.....Judge-2 Timothy 4:1-8
K.....King of kings-Revelation 19:16
L.....LORD of lords- Revelation 19:16
M.....Mediator of the New Covenant –Hebrews 9:15
N.....Nazarene -John 19:19
O.....Only Begotten Son of God-John 3:18
P.....Prince of Peace-Isaiah 9:6
Q.....Quieter of the Winds and Waves-Matthew 8:27
R.....Righteous One - Acts 22:14-16
S.....Savior of the World-John 4:42
T.....Teacher-Mark 9-14
U.....Unspeakable gift-2 Corinthians 9:15
V.....Vine-John 15:5
W.....Wonderful Counselor-Isaiah 9:6 / The Word-I John 1:1-14
X.....eXact representation of God’s being-Hebrews 1:3
Y.....YAHWEH meaning:

  • Which is, Which was, Which is to come-Revelation 1:4
  • I AM WHO I AM-Exodus 3:14

Z- Zion Stander-Revelation 14:1

.

SONG LINKS:
.

I AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzBG6gpkZOU

.
.

MY SAVIOR MY GOD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt0WluTpFTg
.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Patti! You cheated and got 13 more in there under I am......!!!:)
Love, Linda

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!