It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Thursday, June 18, 2009

THIS WARRIOR IS A CHILD...IN A BATTLE FOR TRANSFORMATION...


TRANSFORMING THURSDAY
Ask my husband Steve... ask our children Jordan, Jessica, Caleb, and Crystal... I'm not the same person I used to be!!! As I'm typing this, the Spirit just put on my mind a hymn that I haven't heard for years..."Sweeter as the years go by... sweeter as the years go by. Richer, fuller, deeper... Jesus love is sweeter... sweeter as the years go by..."
.
Ahhh! I'm praying that the more I allow Jesus to live in me, lead me, guide me, work through me, transform me... that my family can sing that song about me!!!!
.
"Seriously? Patricia?!???!" Those would be the words coming from my daughter's mouth when I'm attempting sarcasm or humor. After all, I am the oldest daughter of a serious army sergeant. After all, I was an only child in my early years and have many only child characteristics. And, BTW, many of my friends know that on the "Smalley/Trent Animals Temperment Test" I'm a 40 out of 40 Lion. Yet, I've come such a long way! I understand attempts at humor! I at least appreciate a good joke now and then! Some change happens slowly... some happens quickly and dramatically.
.
Over the years, I've been in classrooms or work situations or collaborative projects where teamwork was imperative. Often people have said things to me like:
  • Patti, thanks for being such an even keeled stabilizing factor throughout this project... you have such a gentle way.
  • Patti, thanks for lightening things up for us...we love your joy.
  • Patti, you were so patient with us!
  • Patti, thanks for helping us keep the peace!

.

What?!! How can they say that about a Lion Personality? How can they say that about me? My friend, it is not normal for me! Yet, when I'm walking and talking with Jesus and I allow Him to take root deep within my soul He transforms my spirit with His Spirit. Taking the lines from Caleb in the movie FIREPROOF, "Welcome to the new normal!"

.

Galatians 5 says that the fruit of the Holy Spirit of God in a person includes:

  • love
  • joy
  • peace
  • patience
  • kindness
  • goodness
  • faithfulness
  • gentleness
  • self-control
.
Does that describe you? Be aware that there is a battle going on in this life! It is a spiritual battle for your soul....your heart...your mind... There are two sides in this battle: good vs. evil, light vs. darkness, truth vs. lies, God vs. Satan... Satan would like nothing better than for you NOT to develop a relationship with Jesus. No relationship means no transformation!
.
One year ago yesterday, as I began this blog, I asked two questions:
.
  1. Are you a DAMSEL in DISTRESS? Listening/Believing Satan
  2. Are you a MAIDEN for the MASTER? Listening/Believing the Spirit of God
.
There are many ways we could rephrase those two questions. Try these:
  1. Are you a Whiney Woeful Wimp?
  2. Are you a Warrior Child for Christ? (Listen to words from this week's theme song! - number 1 on the playlist above)

.

Just know that one year ago yesterday, I began this blog with a post challenging us to TRANSFORMATIONAL THINKING. Here it is again as we train ourselves to listen to the "voice of Truth" via the WORD of God.

.
Each of these lies from Satan can be counteracted with THE TRUTH that is written on the line underneath:
  • “I’m worthless!”
  • “I’m a gift of the LORD.” Psalm 12:7

.

  • “I’m nothing!”
  • “I’m fearfully and wonderfully made.” Psalm 139

.

  • “I’m stupid!”
  • “I give you wisdom.” James 1:5

.

Hey, seriously! If Patti Sikes is being transformed from the inside out... so can you!

.

  • “I can’t figure things out!”
  • “I will direct your steps.” Proverbs 20:24

.

  • “I’m not able!”
  • “I am able!” 2 Corinthians 9:8

.

  • “I’m not alone!”
  • “I will never leave/forsake you!” Hebrews 13:5

.

  • “Nobody loves me!”
  • “I love you.” John 3:16“

.

  • I can’t forgive myself!”
  • “I forgive you!” I John 1:9; Romans 8:1

.

  • “I can’t manage!”
  • “I will supply your needs.” Philippians 4:19

.

  • “I’m afraid!”
  • “I haven’t given you a spirit of fear.” 2 Timothy 1:7

.

  • “I’m worried/frustrated!”
  • “Cast all your cares on ME.” 1 Peter 5:7

.

  • “I’m too tired!”
  • “I will give you rest.” Mathew 11:28-30

.

  • “I can’t go on!”
  • “My grace is sufficient.” 2 Corinthians 12:9

.

  • “It’s not worth it!”
  • “All things will work together for good…” Rom.8:28

.

It's a battle sister, be sure you have on the whole armor of God!

.

"Stand firm therefore,

having girded your loins with truth,

and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

and having shod your feet

with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

in addition to all,

taking up the shield of faith

with which you will be able to extinguish

all the flaming missiles of the evil one.

And take the helmet of salvation,

and the sword of the Spirit,

which is the word of God.

With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit..."

Ephesians 6:14-18

.

2 comments:

s&sjohnson08 said...

Patty, thank you for this blog. It is the first thing I read before I start my work day, and though I'm not a mom yet, it is slowly preparing me to be one, as well as preparing me to handle all of God's daily tasks

Jason's Mommy said...

I am blessed to be a part of the Pitman family and incredibly blessed to know you and Steve. I can't believe it has been almost a year now since we have met. I would have never imagined my life to be the way it is today. Thankfully, God is in CONTROL and He brought us to Pitman in our time of need. If it wasn't for Steve, I don't know where our family would be. This blog has been helping to transform me as a mom and a wife and I thank you for that. Your daily writing inspire me in so many ways. I just hope I can write messages for your blog anniversary for many, many years to come! Love to you and congrats on reaching such an amazing milestone! GIGATTAATTGIG!!!!!!

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!