It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Thursday, June 4, 2009

I AM A FRIEND OF GOD...TRANSFORMING...

TRANSFORMING THURSDAY

.

Although, several times this week, I have posted transforming scripture about friendship, love, grace, mercy, and forgiveness...this post is very different...let me tell you why. My friend, Tina sent me the following list of statements in a note on FACEBOOK about friendship on Tuesday during the day. Actually, God used Tina to send these statements that would minister to a friend of mine many times during the next 24 hours. As so often is the case, God uses someone to minister in our time of need, "with MERCY and GRACE", as Hebrews 4:16 says. Thank you, Tina!

.
What a lesson on friendship these words are! As you read the words below, I am confident that you do not have to experience the horrific hurts of friendship if you will understand and live by these principles. Let them TRANSFORM your thinking about friendship. The very last one I added to this list whose author is unknown.
.

  • I BELIEVE...that just because two people argue , it doesn't mean that they don't LOVE each other. And, just because they don't argue doesn't mean they do LOVE each other.
  • I BELIEVE...that we don't have to change friends if we UNDERSTAND that friends change.
  • I BELIEVE...that no matter how good a friend is, they're going to hurt you every once in a while and you must FORGIVE them for that.
  • I BELIEVE...that you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.
  • I BELIEVE...that it is taking me a long time to become the person that I want to be.
  • I BELIEVE...that you should always leave LOVED ones with LOVING WORDS. It may be the last time you see them.
  • I BELIEVE...that you can keep going long after you think you can't.
  • I BELIEVE...that we are RESPONSIBLE for what we do no matter how we feel.
  • I BELIEVE...that either you CONTROL YOUR ATTITUDE or it controls you.
  • I BELIEVE...that heroes are the people who do what has to be done regardless of the consequences.
  • I BELIEVE...that money is a lousy way of keeping score.
  • I BELIEVE...that my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time!
  • I BELIEVE...that sometimes the people that you expect to kick you when you're down will be the ones to help you get back up.
  • I BELIEVE...that sometimes when I'm angry, I have the right to be angry...but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.
  • I BELIEVE...that MATURITY has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.
  • I BELIEVE...that it isn't always enough to be FORGIVEN by others, sometimes you have to FORGIVE yourself.
  • I BELIEVE...that no matter how hard your heart is broken the world does not stop for your grief.
  • I BELIEVE...that our background and CIRCUMSTANCES may have influenced who we are but we are responsible for who we become.
  • I BELIEVE...that you shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret...it could change your life forever.
  • I BELIEVE...that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.
  • I BELIEVE...that your life can be totally changed in a matter of hours by people who don't even know you.
  • I BELIEVE...that even when you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you, you will find the strength to help.
  • I BELIEVE...that credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.
  • I BELIEVE...that the happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything.
  • I BELIEVE...that God is in control and that Jesus is my best FRIEND.

.

Hey, sister, wife, mother, daughter, grandmother, grandaughter...be sure and be a friend...a friend of God!

.

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!