It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Thursday, June 25, 2009

I AM...ABOVE ALL...TRANSFORMING...

TRANSFORMING THURSDAY

.

Over the years, at church, I've taught several "Tabitha" classes. Each time, it was for middle school girls looking to their future lives as a "virtuous woman". One of the favorite activities of most was writing their "obituaries". The initial "assignment" was always met with a lot of moans and groans, yet once finished each girl was very excited to read hers to the others.

.

Imagine yourself, in the funeral home, laying in your coffin and listening to the comments of those gazing over your remains. What would you hear? Oh, I know... everyone is not always honest about the deceased at the funeral home and funeral. Shame on us! What if we were honest?

.

One of the highest compliments, for me, would be "I just love the way she allowed Jesus to transform her!" Wow!

.

Let's look at the "heart" of the excellent, noble, and virtuous woman of Proverbs 31. Any of these things said about my life, in retrospect, would be a blessing:

  • "She was someone I could trust."
  • "There was not an evil bone in her body! She was good to the bone!"
  • "Her inner strength and honor were so inspiring."
  • "She perceived the glass half-full instead of half-empty."
  • "She was such a willing worker - truly servant hearted."
  • "I never heard an unkind word come out of her mouth."
  • "Her joy was contagious!"
  • "She must have prayed for wisdom everyday because she was truly a wise woman."
  • "Have you heard the wonderful ways her children are blessing her and her husband is praising her?"
  • "I've never known a woman who feared / loved the LORD like she did!"

.

I love encouraging FACEBOOK status'... I've seen many in the last 24 hours. In fact, at one point, I was away from my computer for two hours and came back and there were 94 new posts by my FB friends. There was one that really connected with what we're talking about today:

  • “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

.

It is now, sister, that we are building our legacy that will remain once we leave this planet. Write the obituary that you would like to have read at your funeral. Like my "Tabitha girls", why not put it in a sealed envelope, stick it in your Bible, and don't open it for a year. Then, listen to songs #1 and #2 on the playlist as you pray for God to begin or continue your transformation today.

.

NOTE: It was a year ago today that our friend, Franny Stetser, went home unexpectedly to be with the LORD. What a story! If you haven't been to my other blog and read his story, that is posted this week, it would be well worth your while: http://GIGATTAATTGIG.blogspot.com

.

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!