It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Saturday, June 13, 2009

HE IS EVERYTHING TO ME...EVEN IN DIFFICULT CIRCUMSTANCES

KETCHUP AND MUSTARD SATURDAY
Catch Up and Must Do:
How's your life when things get stressful and you get squeezed?


Last Sunday, Steve and I were in Chicago worshipping with Jordan, Jacqueline, Chloe, and the Keesee's. As I have shared the last two weeks, we certainly enjoyed our time together.
.
All the visitors have now returned home and Jordan and Jacqueline are packing for their big move to Kansas City, Missouri this Thursday. Bill and Edna Miller will help them drive their vehicles for which we are so thankful.
A big move, buying a house, starting a new job, and making new friends with a newborn will not be easy...yet, GIGATTAATTGIG...
.
Ecclesiastes tells us that different things are going on at the same time in the world. Yes, there are times of celebration. Yet, at the same time there are many who are suffering. Our daughter Jessica has had a headache almost everyday of her life for the last 13 years...little Lauren Schwamb and family wait for someone to "fix" her heart... Scott McEndree and family pray and work for a cure to his cancer....
.
Yesterday, I posted something that had been written by Lauren's daddy, Tim. Today, I share with you part of Scott McEndree's post from his Thursday Caring Bridge site.
"Romans 12:12
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Joyful in hope
It’s easy to be joyful in hope.
When you have true hope, everything looks grand.
It’s like having warm sunny days and cool star-filled nights.
.
Patient in affliction
Patient in affliction is tough.
Patience in itself is tough,
but throw in a little affliction
and rather than more patience
most of us get more frustration or stress.
If you can attain patience instead,
you will be much better off though.
Patience in affliction only comes for me
AFTER I simplify my stress points
and re-group around only what’s important
and needed at the time.
Throwing off the other “minor” things
that used to be important
before the affliction came is the only way I can do it.
.
Faithful in prayer
Faithful in prayer is another tough one for me.
I pray most every day,
and many days I’ll pray throughout the day
as I go about things.
It makes me feel good to pray for others that need it,
and I appreciate knowing so many others are praying for me too.
To be honest, I don’t think that is faithful in prayer.
Faithful in prayer to me means
it is at the front of your mind all day everyday.
To me it means you will turn off American Idol
to pray right then about something.
(an example from someone else)
Faithful in prayer is something I still strive to attain....


Romans 12:12
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
.
I ask each of you to continue to pray for these families and keep connected to them through the links on the right sidebar of this blog.
.
I also ask you to talk more to God on behalf of our daughter, Jessica. We've done many medical things over the years but with not much success to heal her migraines. Currently, Jessica can only function in rooms that have very little or no light and is in pain 24/7. She rates her pain from 1-10 and then if it's unbearable she'll say that it's an "11". Her pain is rarely below a 6 and this week it has been at an 11. We beg God for mercy and grace and healing and direction. We've been down many "bunny trails" in search of help...we remain hopeful...GIGATTAATTGIG...

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!