What a lot there is to meditate on!!! Yesterday, I easily took the three themes of three lessons I heard and connected them with a fourth that I saw:
- Bible Class: "Do NOT be afraid...only believe!"
- Sermon: "Our God will fight for us!"
- Life Group: "Let Jesus wash your feet!"
- An army of christians praying for 4 people whose lives are hanging in the balance...3 of those people you can keep updated on via the links on the right...the fourth is John Baldwin, a deacon at the Tabernacle, NJ church of Christ who is in critical condition with diabetes complications and sepsis. Saturday, the hospital became packed as friends and family came to stand vigil he was then moved by ambulance to a hospital in Camden.
I hear it was the same on Saturday in Amarillo, TX as friends and family stood vigil for Connor and then the determination was made to fly him to Children's Medical Center in Dallas.
Lauren and Marie wait for their surgeries as family and friends continue to minister to them and their daddies and mommies.
Saturday afternoon a website was posted for Connor. Within 24 hours over 2,000 had accessed it. Here are some of the prayers for Connor that I have read online, in the last 24 hours. These happen to have been prayed in another part of the world:
- Dear God Please help Conner to feel better. In Jesus name A-men (Silas) age 5
- Dear God Please be with Conner todayHelp the fever to drop and help him to feel better and in Jesus name Please help him to healIn Jesus name A-men (Kinley) age 10
- Dear GodPlease help conner to get better. help conner to be able to do things again like play outside and do all the things that he likes to do.In Jesus nameAmen (Alex) age 9
- This one was said very slowly: Dear Godplease help Connor to feel much much much better and to be safe and for him to have a good lifein Jesus name a-men (Isaac) age 6
- Dear heavenly father,I want to bring before your throne a young man who is feeling sick. His name is Connor Deal. Lord, You created him and knit him together in his mother's womb. You know every hair on his head. He is in the hospital with bi-lateral mrsa pneumonia and ards. Lord you know more than all the doctors in the world. We ask for your healing to be upon Connor. If it is your will, would you please heal this boy?Lord we trust you and know that you are the God of mercy and love. May you surround this young man with your love and care. For those who are caring for him may you give them compassion, tenderness and wisdom beyond their years of study.Please heal his body of the pneumonia and free his lungs to breath clearly. May Connor recover from this sickness and be even stronger than before.Lord, I want to pray for his parents right now as it is tough thing to see your child sick or suffering from illness. Please fill them with faith, courage and trust in you. Please wrap your arms around them and comfort them during this time.May this trial bring them closer to you. May you strengthen their marriage and fill them with hope and peace that only comes from you.Father, would you also encourage the members of Amarillo South to know how to shower this family with love, comfort and support in just the right ways.? Help them to know from your spirit what they should do even without being asked.Lord help them to know that they are not alone and that there are friends and family around the world that are standing with them.Lord you are so wonderful and I praise your name right now. Lord you can see the tears that are in my eyes right now as my family has been touched by Connor and by your goodness.As we bring this young man before your thrown we ask for your healing touch to be upon him.In the name of your wonderful Son Jesus A-men (Jeff Cash...missionary, Uganda)
Here is our message for these four families:
- Do not be afraid...only believe!
- Our God will fight for you!
- Let Jesus serve you through His family!