- Example by PERSONAL TESTIMONY
- Example by PERSONAL COMMITTMENT
- Example by PERSONAL INTEGRITY AND WORK ETHIC
Nehemiah was a tremendous spiritual leader! Here are a few things from yesterday that I am choosing to meditate on today...
BE AN EXAMPLE BY PERSONAL TESTIMONY (5 of 12 points)
- Prayer is the food and drink of a Godly leader. The book of Nehemiah records 12 of Nehemiah's prayers. It's really not about what Nehemiah did as much as who Nehemiah was!
- A Must! Humility! Humility! Humility! Nehemiah was poor in spirit.
- A Spirit Leader is Spirit Led. Nehemiah 2:12
- A spiritual leader readlizes he/she is in a spiritual battle and there will be opposition (peace is NOT the absence of conflict).
- A spiritual leader connects with the people (2:17) in their suffering but gives hope because God has given him/her a story to tell (2:18).
BE AN EXAMPLE OF PERSONAL COMMITTMENT:
1. In Nehemiah chapter 4, they committed to work on the wall until it was finished...from "dawn until the stars appeared." They did not even take time to change their clothes.
2. In Nehemiah chapter 8, Ezra read scripture to the people from early morning til midday. They were convicted! They mourned and wept. The next day, they came back so that they might "get insight into the words of the law."
3. Ezra 7:10 tells us about Ezra's personal committment: "For Ezra had set his heart to study the law of the LORD, and to practice it, and to teach His statutes and ordinances in Israel."
BE AN EXAMPLE OF PERSONAL INTEGRITY AND WORK ETHIC:
In Nehemiah 5, we see that Nehemiah's integrity was two fold: he feared the Lord AND had compassion for others. Those two helped him to DO THE RIGHT THING!
Each of us has a PERSONAL TESTIMONY that shows how God is in Control! Have you told your story lately? Have you shared with your family the amazing ways God has been in control in your life?
Each of us makes a PERSONAL COMMITTMENT to give God the reins of our life and let God be in Control! Have you truly given the reins of your life over to Him? Blessed are the meek... for they let God be in control!
Each of us can make a choice today to DO THE RIGHT THING in our personal integrity and work ethic showing how we believe that GOD IS IN CONTROL! Can your family and friends tell stories of how God is in control of your life by how they see you live out His work ethic and integrity?