I am so thankful that as christians God lives inside of us and even allows us to wear HIS armor! Today's post is special to me for 3 reasons beyond the two I just listed:
- I love the Ephesians 6 scripture so much and I'm sure it's because I can relate to it in a very real way because I grew up in a military family.
- The picture and comments that Stephanie gave Steve on Sunday that I have posted below.
- The close connection some of us have to the events that transpired after the US Airways flight came down in the Hudson River last month.
1. Ephesians 6, starting in verse 10, tells us how to be strong in the LORD...really how to let God take control. We put on God's on battle clothes (His armor). Why? So that we can "stand firm against the schemes of the devil" and "resist in the evil day, and having done everything to stand firm." It's an amazing chapter! One of those that you could study in your quiet time everyday for a month and still have more to study! Thank you, God for the richness of your spiritual blessings IN CHRIST!
2. This Sunday, one of our "transformed moms" daughter, Stephanie ( who has just recently become a christian) drew a humorous cartoon of my husband Steve. It made me think of how some of you have commented to me about your husband's striving to continue growing in God: Charles, John, Matthew, Greg, Dan, Tim, Brad, Brian, Sherwin...oh, how we all need His armor! Thank you, men! Thank you, Stephanie...especially for including me as Steve's "side kick"!
3. Then, there's the spiritual giant who is also a tugboat captain...I did my post on him last Saturday and I am sure that you will want to learn about how Andrea's husband helped on the Hudson River! Thank you, Chuck! Thank you, Andrea! Link here to see the tugboat connection: