"For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God." Romans 8:14
- The Holy Spirit of God lives in christians.
- The Holy Spirit of God works in and through His church.
- The Holy Spirit of God leads and guides believers, connecting thoughts, events, conversations, and interactions for His glory.
- Patti, do not be afraid to speak up about Jesus...but when you do...PURSUE PEACE! This peace is more about helping people to make peace with their God than about making sure nobody gets their feelings hurt.
- The same Spirit who raised Jesus from the dead can speak through us: 2 Corinthians 4:13-14 "But having the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, " I believed, therefore I spoke, "we also believe, therefore also we speak; knowing that He who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and will present us with you."
- We must not be concerned about "pleasing people." Although the book of 2 Corinthians tells us of many things that Paul had to endure when He spoke up about the Spirit Who lived in him, when we read one of his conclusions in 2 Corinthians 5:9, it makes sense. It says, "So we make it our goal to please Him..."
- Blessed are the Peacemakers, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven!
Guess what we heard in Steve's sermon as he continued our study in Nehemiah? He talked about how Nehemiah was a praying man who listened to God's Spirit. Even though, He was tempted to be afraid of the king, he knew how important it was for him to speak on the behalf of what God had put on His heart. He chose to speak inspite of his fear. He followed through, being led by God and he was victorious. Here are some of Steve's outstanding points:
- THREE trilogies on HOW TO be led by the Holy Spirit. These trilogies are the nine Be-Attitudes broken down into three groups of three: poor in spirit/ mourn/meek...hunger & thirst for righteousness/merciful/pure in heart... peacemaker/persecuted/rejoicing...
- THREE passages from Nehemiah on Holy Spirit leadership: Nehemiah 2:11-15; Nehemiah 7:5; and, Nehemiah 9:12,19, 20
- THREE truths that Steve has discovered about the Holy Spirit: a) He may choose to lead one person in order to lead others; b) He leads many through His spiritual gifts that He gives; c) He is NOT politically correct! (see Nehemiah 13).
- THREE ways how NOT to be led by the Holy Spirit: a)Resist the Spirit by being arrogant, prideful, and stiffnecked; b) Worship other gods/idols; c) Live lives disobedient to God's word.
And the songs! "Yes, LORD, Yes!" , "He Bore it All", "We Place You on the Highest Place!", and "Restore my spirit LORD!" What a blessing yesterdays Spirit led lessons were of sermon and song!
"He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out."
If you are a child of God, are you truly letting Him lead you?