"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash." When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at His teaching, because He taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law."
Years previously, God had already given Solomon these words to write. I put it below with bullets so you can see the points that he emphasizes.
- "Lay hold of my words with all your heart;
- keep my commands and you will live.
- Get wisdom, get understanding;
- do not forget my words or swerve from them.
- Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you;
- love her, and she will watch over you.
- Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom.
- Though it cost all you have, get understanding.
- Esteem her, and she will exalt you;
- embrace her, and she will honor you. She will set a garland of grace on
your head and present you with a crown of splendor."
- Listen, my son, accept what I say,and the years of your life will be many. I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths.
- When you walk, your steps will not be hampered;
- when you run, you will not stumble.
- Hold on to instruction, do not let it go;
- guard it well, for it is your life. "
James 1:5-6 "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."
Get wisdom! Teach your children how to get wisdom! It's transforming!