It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Saturday, February 28, 2009

THE GREATEST GIFT A MOTHER CAN GIVE IS TIME WELL SPENT

KETCHUP AND MUSTARD SATURDAY


.


Catch Up and Must Do!


.

There was so much to say on this topic this week, yet only so much time! Will you meet me at WAWA and we can visit for a few minutes over a "built to order Hoagie"? I stopped by a WAWA yesterday and had them put honey mustard on mine...yummmmm!
.
BTW, for those of you who do not live in the Delaware Valley area, Wawa is a small market / deli that sometimes has a gas station. "Wawa" is a Native American word for the Canada Goose that was found in the Delaware Valley, that's why they use the goose on Wawa's corporate logo. Most stores are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a throughout New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia.
.
Okay friend, you eat while I talk! I have a confession. This has been an extremely stressful month for me. I have not handled everything so well. You can think whatever you want, but I know why...I agreed to be the speaker at the Collingswood, NJ Ladies Retreat in March with the theme TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED. When I shared that with Steve in January, he said, "Oh, no! You didn't!" He knows! You see everytime he or I teach a class or a series of lessons on a certain subject, it seems like God takes us to boot camp on that particular topic. Welcome to February! Whew! This is the last day! What will March bring?
.
Okay...confession... Yesterday, I was close to Atlantic City doing student teacher evaluations. I had just finished observing my student teacher in a 3rd and 4th self contained learning disabilities classroom. I love doing this! I feel that God has given me so many experiences in and out of classrooms with children with special needs that I have alot to offer in encouraging my student teachers. So, I had just enough time to grab a hoagie at WAWA before getting on the Garden State Expressway to head to my next teaching observation.
.
At WAWA, I used their little touch screen computer to place my order, got my receipt and waited. My ticket said that I was number 9. I waited. I heard numbers called 10, 11, 12, 13, 14... Still no number 9! I looked around and I was the only one standing there. The clock was ticking and I needed to get on the road. What was taking them so long? I paced back and forth for a few minutes. I overheard workers talking behind the high deli counter. Still no hoagie! What on earth? My patience was wearing thin. I did NOT want to be late for my next appointment! I might just have to complain about the service and leave or just leave. Then, I saw her...a short little woman very slowly constructing a hoagie with every step as if in slow motion. It was then that I realized that this was a woman with physical and possibily mental challenges who was doing the best that she could making MY hoagie. She was treating it as if it was a labor of love.
.
God had my attention! You see, just that morning I had made a little acrostic for myself. I said to myself, "Patti, everytime you get out of the car you need to do the COG!" FYI, COG reminds me to do three things: take my Cell phone with me, record the Odometer reading, and be sure that I am aware of God's presence when I go inside. I didn't do so good in WAWA...I left my Cell phone in the car, I forgot about the odometer, and even though I took God in with me...I wasn't paying attention!!!
.
Yesterday, my WAWA experience was a lesson learned and time well spent! God has given me the gift of teaching, shepherding, and administration...not the gift of mercy. Yet, there are multiple things that I am not gifted in that God expects me to do anyway. He works with me everyday on being more MERCIFUL. Go figure! I had just been in a classroom of students with special needs modeling how to be merciful. I think it's something important to talk about. In fact, next week, that will be our theme on this blog, "Blessed are the merciful...".
.
You may have seen this before, but as we conclude our discussions for the week, I want to share it as a reminder of some of the greatest gifts a mother can give.
.
WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN'T LOOKING
.
  • When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately wanted to paint another one.
  • When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you feed a stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind to animals.
  • When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make my favorite cake for me and I learned that the little things can be the special things in life.
  • When you thought I wasn't looking, I heard you say a prayer, and I knew there is a God I could always talk to and I learned to trust in God.
  • When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make a meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I learned that we all have to help take care of each other.
  • When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you give of your time and money to help people who had nothing and I learned that those who have something should give to those who don't.
  • When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you take care of our house and everyone in it and I learned we have to take care of what we are given.
  • When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw how you handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't feel good and I learned that I would have to be responsible when I grow up.
  • When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw tears come from your eyes and I learned that sometimes things hurt, but it's all right to cry.
  • When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw that you cared and I wanted to be everything that I could be.
  • When you thought I wasn't looking, I learned most of life's lessons that I need to know to be a good and productive person when I grow up.
  • When you thought I wasn't looking, I looked at you and wanted to say, 'Thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking.
  • 'Little eyes see a lot.Each of us--parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, teacher or friend--influence the life of a child.
  • How will you touch the life of someone today?--author unknown
    .

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!