It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Thursday, April 29, 2010

WE LOVE YOU LORD... WITH THE RENEWING OF OUR MINDS...

TRANSFORMING THURSDAY
.
Have you ever felt the need to bake a cake and throw a party? Debbie did on Monday and Tuesday nights as she and Glynn finished up leading our final sessions of Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. What a transformational program FPU is!
.



I certainly felt like baking a transformational cake, like the one above, to celebrate yesterday as I typed up 10 pages of notes from our REFLECTIVE QUESTIONNAIRES about our women's retreat. I love my sisters in Christ! I was planning on a different post here today, but after reading the answers written for Question #3 on the post-retreat questionnaire, I'm convinced their answers are the transformational inspiration each of us need here today. Here are comments from 42 of the women.
.

QUESTIONNAIRE RESPONSES TO QUESTION #3:
What one truth gained at this retreat would you like to take and APPLY to your personal life or our church family?

  1. To love God passionately with all that I am. Then, give it away!
  2. God is committed to bringing good out of the heartbreak in my life.
  3. I will make time for God daily.
  4. I have value! I am worthy of being loved. I can lean on my church family. I would like others going through hard times to realize that also.
  5. Satan constantly places “lies” in the back of my mind. I need to learn to recognize them for what they are.
  6. Satan lies and I have to learn to not let him convince me that I’m not worthy and remember that God is good and He loves me
  7. I need to be getting into the Word more. I must believe God’s word and put it to use.
  8. I will lament to God and not feel guilty but use it as a chance to draw closer to God.
  9. I will spend more time developing my relationship with God and let it flow into other relationships.
  10. My life cannot exist without God in it
  11. I need more time with God. I need to make the choice.
  12. I want to be able to win the battle with the thoughts in the back of my head. I will do this by spending quality time in the scripture.
  13. I will think about the triangle: THINK. FEEL. DO. And take into my brain and mind via my pipeline good, pure, and spiritual things to stay close to God.
  14. I will get out of my comfort zone. I will go where the pain is to minister and show Jesus.
  15. I will make connections with God daily.
  16. I will become what true hospitality really is. I will love the unlovable all the more, to touch more, and search for ways to interact with my “neighbors”.
  17. I will glow more with the LORD and teach people to love God.
  18. I will have more control of my thinking.
  19. God will be my comfort as I love Him and have faith in Him.
  20. I know that God absolutely adores me! By reading and meditating on what Christ thinks, I’ll be able to drown out the lies I’ve believed for so many years.
  21. I will remember that doubt is a sign of faith.
  22. I want time in the Word. I want to feast on His Word everyday.
  23. I have to make a conscious effort to fill my mind with the good stuff and to stay in the Word
  24. I will read my Bible and stay strong
  25. God may not deliver me from my thorns, but He will give me the strength to make it through
  26. I will be taking more time for Jesus.
  27. I will be putting good patterns of thinking into my brain – less TV, media, computer…
  28. I will remember that I am worthy of Christ’s love and that I should grow and tell others that they are loved also.
  29. I will remember that God had a great purpose for all the trials in Abraham’s life. I am going to use my trials to help others.
  30. I remember that Jesus used a song (Psalms 22) before dying and satan will use any lie to knock me off course.
  31. When going through a difficult time, I will stay connected and open up to my brothers and sisters instead of pulling away.
  32. I will discipline to spend time with God on a daily basis for my benefit so I can be the wife and mother I need to be.
  33. I want intimacy with God! Intimacy with God is everything!
  34. I will remember that faith cannot grow when everything makes sense… I will remember that my faith is growing though nothing else makes sense in my life right now
  35. My daily time in scripture will be vital to a healthy relationship with God.
  36. I will have more private time with God.
  37. My thoughts are powerful!
  38. I must control my backstage thinking and daily time in the Word (it takes time and effort).
  39. I will control my thoughts through a daily Bible time. I will remember that I am not where I need to be but thank God I am not where I used to be.
  40. Knowing God will take work on my part.
  41. I will pray to God more in order to love God more.
  42. I will take the application of the ten virgins’ parable and apply it to my toxic rental tenants.


No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!