It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Saturday, April 17, 2010

LOVE THE LORD... BACK TO BASICS...







KETCHUP AND MUSTARD SATURDAY

Catch Up and Must Do

.

I have missed blogging for several days! My job and it's extra responsibilities have taken over my life recently. I suppose I should clarify it by saying my job has consumed my time.... my life is IN CHRIST. Last night I finished a document that should have been turned into a committee 94 hours and 20 minutes earlier. It is only by God's grace that I have gotten to this point. The committee will return it to me next week for revision.
.

What has sustained me through the last few weeks has been saying our memory verse over and over. Then, this week, I've been singing our memory verse over and over... you know... with Lincoln Brewster's song!
.
I am so looking forward to the our Pitman ladies retreat next weekend: Women Reaching Out in Faith! Did you know that reaching out with faith must begin with love?
.

Today, it's back to basics! You know our memory verse for the month is helping to prepare us for our focus for our women's retreat. Jesus says it's the greatest command! When all else is said and done, what is our purpose in life? Jesus says it very clearly in these memory verses:


  • Love God!

  • Love others!

Most christians call 1 Corinthians 13 "THE LOVE CHAPTER". We use it's verses to help us understand what true agape love is. We often use it to remind us how to live out command #2 and love our family, friends, co-workers, and even our enemies. Today, read it with me and let's let it be a measuring stick or a barometer for command #1: our love for God. I will follow each section with a comment.

.

1 Corinthians 13:1-8

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

.


  • COMMENT: I can be so gifted by You, God, and have complete faith in You... yet, I gain nothing... nothing... nothing... unless I love You!

.
Love is patient,


  • COMMENT: I know, God, that Your timing and my timing are not the same. My patience has grown and is growing... I so hope that this growth demonstrates my love for You!

.

love is kind.


  • COMMENT: I can truly say that I have not always been kind. There must be a myriad of ways for me to be kind to You, God! I'm sure one of them is caring for my body - Your temple. How about sticking up for You when someone uses Your name in vain. I certainly know that I need to praise and thank You more each day!

.

It does not envy,


  • COMMENT: Oh, I've been tempted to envy You! You have everything at Your fingertips... You see all things... You know all things... You are omnipresent... but then again, I'm thankful You are You and I don't have to wish for what I am not. After all, You are my Daddy! I truly want to be more thankful for Who You are and who I am.

,

it does not boast,


  • COMMENT: I know there are Bible friends who made this mistake. I certainly know that it is only by Your grace that I can do anything!

.

it is not proud.


  • COMMENT: "Blessed are the poor in spirit...". I do desire to walk this journey of life, in humility with You, my LORD and my God.

.

It is not rude,


  • COMMENT: May I never bring dishonor to Your name!

.

it is not self-seeking,


  • COMMENT: I know that this life is about You and Your kingdom God. I will continually remind myself that IT IS NOT ABOUT ME!

.

it is not easily angered,


  • COMMENT: I can be easily angered. I don't want my anger to come easily. Thank You, God, for listening and letting me pour out my heart to You time and again. It helps so much to know that You care. I give my anger to You to show my love for You.

.

it keeps no record of wrongs.


  • COMMENT: It sure is hard to not do this when I have the memory of an elephant! I guess, LORD, it goes back to the fact that Your ways are higher than my ways. Your timing... Your knowledge... Your wisdom... and just because I don't sense or feel that you are answering my prayers does not mean that You aren't. In fact, I must not play the blame game with You, LORD!

.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.


  • COMMENT: You say that You despise all lies. The devil is the father of lies and the truth is not in him. When I look at the word devil, I see the word evil. When I look at the word good, I see the word God. I must not delight in any type of evil... the truth is that sin is the result of evil... The truth is that I want to delight and rejoice with Your holiness and love!

.

It always protects,


  • COMMENT: When's the last time I thought about "protecting You"? What a thought! Yet, I have the opportunity everyday to protect Your name, Your people, Your ways, Your truth...

.

always trusts,


  • COMMENT: Thank You for being so consistent... so faithful... You are so trustworthy, LORD.

.

always hopes,


  • COMMENT: You are the WAY that has a Light at the end of the tunnel. You are the encouraging TRUTH when we are discouraged by sin's deceit. You are the LIFE of this party called life. You are the answer! You are our only hope!

.

always perseveres.


  • COMMENT: I must not say, "I can't!" or "That's not possible!" I must show You that I believe that You can do what You say You can do. I will continue on by putting foot in front of the other and walking with You... day by day.
    .

Love never fails."


  • COMMENT: Living this way will be my LOVE OFFERING to You. Where else can I get the promise of 100% success rate?

.

.

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!