It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

WE LOVE YOU LORD...THANK YOU, BECKY...

.

Almost 90 women made the trip to the southernmost tip of New Jersey (the Garden State... did I say it's beautiful this time of year?) to attend the Pitman church of Christ women's retreat: WOMEN REACHING OUT IN FAITH.

.

.

We had talked to God so much about this retreat:


  • "What should the focus be?"

  • "Where should it be?"

  • "Who should our speaker be?"

It all came together with the wonder that only our awesome Heavenly Father could pull off. We are so thankful! We are so blessed!

.

Over the last few days, I have shared "reflective thoughts" from those of us who attended. Today, I want to personally articulate my gratitude to:

  • Our Heavenly Father who orchestrated this with His amazing love for us!
  • Our elders' wives who tirelessly planned this weekend for over a year
  • The women who chose to come, in spite of the multiple ways the devil tried to hinder them
  • The women who had an integral part in making it successful: meal planners/organizers, free time activity leaders, song leader, m.c., technology geeks, welcomers, photographer, fashion models, entertainment organizers, and you know who you are...
  • The men and children who chose to stay behind and give us a break!
  • Becky Holton, our speaker, for her preparation, wisdom, honesty, and above all her deep love for the LORD.
We laughed together in what some called a "spiritual fashion show".




.
We worshipped together in song, prayer, and the fellowship of our hearts.



.
When one was touched to the core, someone else would come close, give a hug, or just sit beside.

.
We listened, we learned, and we loved. Thank you, Becky!
.


.
I will continue throughout the week sharing things about this retreat. Some of them will be extremely powerful! God truly made this a time of many connections
  1. connections to His will, Word, and Spirit
  2. connections to one another
  3. connections to our purpose in life
  4. connections to things we had no idea that there would be connections to

    Stay tuned as I share those later in the week! I'm hoping to also post a slide show of pictures! Right now, as I thank God for bringing Becky to us, I leave you with the last part of a letter that she wrote yesterday. It was to all of those sisters-in-Christ who had attended the retreat. Becky was detained at the Philly airport from flying back to Chicago because of inclement weather. She shares part of that experience:

.


"...But God wasn't finished yet. I was sitting in front of three TV monitors with weather, etc. running. There were speakers attached and some music was occasionally playing. Music would play when an agent wasn't making those really loud announcements like "WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE. WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE WEATHER PATTERNS BUT WE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN WE FIND OUT. BUT BE PREPARED TO TURN ANOTHER YEAR OLDER WHILE YOU WAIT." (Ok, maybe not the last sentence :) Just as I finished reading your sweet notes -- out of those speakers the song "Shout to the Lord" began to play! I am not kidding! The exact words that were playing were "I sing for joy at the works of your hands. Forever I love You, forever I'll stand. Nothing compares to the promise I have in You!" Then another announcement came and that was the ONLY spiritual music I heard while I was there. AMAZING!! I just had to share that with you. God is here and He is all around us and He is at work! We are so blessed to be his daughters!
.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with you this weekend and count it as true joy to have met you all and to know you. Thank you also for the beautiful sea shell Christmas ornaments that you gave me! I will truly enjoy them -- and always with special thoughts of you and our time together. I would like to borrow Paul's prayer to our brothers and sisters at Philippi and give it to you as my prayer for you:
.
"I love all of you with the love of Christ Jesus.
This is my prayer for you:that your love
will grow more and more;
that you will have knowledge and understanding
with your love;
that you will see the difference
between what is important and what is not
and choose what is important;
that you will be pure and blameless
for the coming of Christ;
that your life will be full of the many good works
that are produced by Jesus Christ to bring glory
and praise to God."
(Philippians 1:8-11)
.
And as our feet hit the ground in the morning, together let's make Satan "shutter" all day because we are up and loving God with all of our hearts!
.
my love and prayers,
Becky
.

1 comment:

pattiecobb3south said...

I have followed your blog for a while and today I realized we have someone/something in common. When I saw the retreat pictures, I recognized them from Sherri's FB page. We share our faith and Sherri. It's a small world!

Gail Walls
Littleton, CO

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!