It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Thursday, April 8, 2010

HE'S ALIVE! AFTER HIS LOVE KEPT HIM ON THE CROSS AND IN THE TOMB...



TRANSFORMING THURSDAY
.
I must confess that there are days when I have to say to God, "Teach me to love you more! Teach me to love you unconditionally! I really don't want to be doing this!" I think Jesus went through the same thought process in the garden, "Father, not my will but Yours!"
.
I often find myself saying, "I'm so sorry, God! Those actions / thoughts do not portray that I love You!" I don't think Jesus could say that. He consistently showed His love.
.
Life has been rough for me lately! I'm not sure if it's more so than what I've been through time and time again. I'm just tired! Jessica's health challenges are unrelenting. Steve is doing better but because he broke his back years ago, he often has flare-ups. The intensity of my job has elevated many notches over the last few weeks. The semester still has over 4 weeks in it. One of our sons is now among the many unemployed in our country; his wife is expecting in June. Oh, I could go on... but then there's always a reality check. I had one yesterday!
.
Usually when I'm out and about supervising student teachers, I will visit one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Yesterday was unusual because I was able to get 3 visits in. As I sat outside the office waiting to conference with my last student teacher of the day, I was not prepared for what would parade before me: wheelchair after wheelchair after wheelchair, each carrying a precious living soul. Most seemed totally dependent on their caretakers. Each one was pushed by an aide toward a mini-bus as they shared laughter, joy, and encouragement with these children who live in very difficult circumstances. Most have been given up by their parents and are taken care of by the state. As I watched, tears began to stream down my face. Oh, how great the love of a parent who will give their lifetime to round the clock care for a child whether biological or not.
.
My mind raced to multiple thoughts... two of which I'll share here:
.
1. This is one of a few sayings that I have taped above my computer. This is a bookmark with a real nail stuck in it to emphasize the point... and what a point it is!

God is asking for that kind of love from me to Him!
.
2. One of my all time favorite illustrations of how great The Father's love is for me, is in the story portrayed by this video. The young people in the wheelchairs yesterday reminded me of Rick, the son, in this video. May my love for our LORD show others that He truly lives!!!


.
.

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!