It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

GOD STILL MOVES - EMPOWERING ME WITH FREEDOM

.
I am thankful that I live in a nation built on the concept of FREEDOM... of CHOICE...
I am thankful for all of the men and women who have served in our armed forces to guard this FREEDOM and CHOICE that so richly blesses me...
.
Because of this, my FREEDOM has allowed me the choices of...
  • professing, praising and worshipping my God in public
  • being a woman who is free to come and go at will
  • how I spend my family time
  • rest, renewal, and relaxation

.

Ephesians 3:12-21

"In Him and through faith in Him

we may approach God with

FREEDOM and confidence....

I pray that out of

His glorious riches

He may strengthen you with POWER

THROUGH HIS SPIRIT in your inner being..."

.

Last Saturday, I was aware of all of the above as Steve and I celebrated our 39th anniversary of our first date. That date happened to be one where I invited Steve to my club banquet. He accepted the invitation on the condition that we call it a "dinner engagement" instead of a date since he had committed not to date his freshman year of college AND he had never dated, anyway! I chose to ask him and he said "Yes!" - FREEDOM OF CHOICE... Thank You, God!

.

So, in honor of that benchmark in our relationship, Steve and I headed for Cracker Barrel, over by the Delaware River, for lunch on Saturday. While there, we bowed our heads to pray - FREEDOM OF CHOICE... Thank You, God!

.

Then, we headed across the Delaware Memorial Bridge from South Jersey to Wilmington, Delaware. I pondered the many stories I had heard of those who had died in this area of the country for - FREEDOM OF CHOICE... Thank You, God!

We headed on down highway 95, to yet another state, without fear of search and seizure. We crossed the state line into Maryland and quickly headed 12 miles east to the headwaters of the Chesapeake Bay - FREEDOM OF CHOICE... Thank You, God!
.
We turned into the properties of the SANDY COVE Christian Ministries Resort without fear of arrest or persecution. Two signs greeted us as we drove the one mile down the lane to the resort overlooking the bay - FREEDOM OF CHOICE... Thank You, God!

.
After spending time walking and driving around the grounds, taking in God's gorgeous creation, and even enjoying a nap, we watched the sun set over the bay as we openly praised God - FREEDOM OF CHOICE... Thank You, God!



.
Sandy Cove was sponsoring a weekend retreat for christian couples. Although we had not come for the retreat, we did come to hear the speakers put on an evening concert. Steve and Annie Chapman, as I said on Sunday, have ministered to Steve and I in song since the 1980's. We have openly listened to their music in our home, offices, and cars. We have given many of their Precious Moments CDs away to young couples. We have sung their songs and been encouraged. I've shared some of their songs with you on this blog - with our current theme song being theirs - God Still Moves - FREEDOM OF CHOICE... Thank You, God!
.
Once again, God used this couple to touch our hearts. When it was over, Steve turned to me and said, "I needed that!" - FREEDOM TO CHOOSE... Where to go! How to spend our time! - FREEDOM OF CHOICE... Thank You, God!
.
We met and visited with Steve and Annie Chapman after the concert. Brief, yet rich! Four believers who have made THE CHOICE of ministry to help strengthen christian families through teaching, counseling, and (in the Chapman's case) song. - FREEDOM OF CHOICE... Thank You, God!
.
I encourage you to become acquainted with Steve and Annie's music and books. You will be forever blessed! Please come back to this blog the next few days as I share some things that God has taught us through the Chapman's. It's your choice! Choose blessing! - FREEDOM OF CHOICE... Thank You, God!
.
http://www.steveandanniechapman.com/


2 Corinthians 3:17-18 and 4:7
.
"Now the Lord is the Spirit,
and where the Spirit of the Lord is,
there is FREEDOM.
And we, who with unveiled faces
all reflect the Lord's glory,
are being transformed
into his likeness
with ever-increasing glory,
which comes from the Lord,
who is the Spirit...
...But we have this treasure
in jars of clay
to show that this ALL-SURPASSING POWER
is from God
and not from us."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve and Patti- Thank you, We have been on the receiving end of that that CD and it is still my favorite CD. It has ministered to me through my darkest deepest times of fighting for my marriage and family. Matty and Caitlin know all of the songs and most of the words, thank you.Love you all lots Stephanie
and by the way Sandy Cove has become one of my favorite retreats to go to can't wait to go back some day

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!