It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Thursday, November 5, 2009

GOD STILL MOVES - CHASING THE MOON?

TRANSFORMING THURSDAY



The picture above was taken by me on Tuesday night. Like it? Earlier in the day, I had traveled south on the Garden State Parkway past Somers Point. As I crossed over the bridge, I looked out to the left at Ocean City and the Atlantic Ocean. I thought what a glorious clear day! What an amazing creator my Father God is! I certainly knew that I wanted to take some pictures of this! Since I was running late to supervise my student teacher, about 3 minutes from there, I made a mental note to take pictures at that spot on my return.
.
Well, I certainly didn't realize that the mixture of my extended mid-term observation, several phone calls, and last weekend's time change would make that beautiful view look like the picture above at 5:15 p.m. Well, it actually didn't look quite like this, but with my cell phone quality, that is what the cell phone saw. I actually did see the lights of Somers Point and Ocean City and was able to pick the lights up with my cell phone camera as I got really close.






.
When I left the school at 5:15 and then headed back north across the bridge, the scene that captured my heart was extraordinary and very unexpected. Not only was it dark, but the full moon had just come up over the Atlantic Ocean. The glistening water and the very unusual look of the moon made me want to find a place where I could stop and capture the moment on my camera. So, I chased the moon... went through the drive through at Sonic... chased the moon some more... stopped to fill up with gas... got directions from the attendant as to where to take some pics... chased the moon some more.... All of my pics looked pretty much like the 3 above. Disappointed, I started my hour drive home.
.
As I drove, I pondered the beautiful sight that I had been so drawn to. God's Spirit led me to a plethora of spiritual connections. .
.
Romans 1:20 says "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-His eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."
.
Yes, nature is overflowing with spiritual connections to be made, including:
  • The Sun = THE SON
  • The Moon = THE CHRISTIAN.

.

  1. Based on the above, I thought about how I reflect Christ. The moon gets its light totally from the sun. Am I the light of the world because Jesus is THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD and His Holy Spirit lives vibrantly in me!?!?!?!!
  2. Am I ever a FULL MOON? The physical moon is always full but people don't always see it as full. Am I always a FULL MOON? Even if people can't see that I am full of the Holy Spirit?
  3. Although I am not a scientist, I do know that the moon follows A PATTERN and they know where it will be on any given day.
  4. The moon that I saw on Tuesday night was so awe inspiring that it made me want to chase it. Are you making the connection?

.

God created the moon for a purpose - to be a reflection of the sun. It is always full even if not to the naked eye. It follows the pattern God designed.

.

God created me for a purpose - to be a loving reflection of THE SON. I must be always full of His Spirit even if not to the naked eye. I must follow the pattern He designed for me.

.

And that brings us back again to another post where I refer us to this scripture:

  • Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore, I urge you, (sisters), in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship. 2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will."
.
God's pattern for you and me? renewing of our minds - Holy Spirit renewal leading us to Holy Spirit transformation... Read the rest of Romans 12!!!
.
Well, I made it home Tuesday night. Guess what I found hanging out across the street from our house?



.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I pray that I am a "full" reflection of God's love to those I come in contact with on a day-to-day basis. I am making every effort, through pray to have others see less of me and more of Him. It will be a life-long process, but I am thankful that He is my example and showers me with His grace while I stumble on my journey.

Thanks Patti for your great thoughts and encouraging words.

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!