As I flew into Chicago on Saturday, I got a very minimal glimpse of what God sees. He sees the spiritual thoughts and intents of the hearts of every person who lives in each house, apartment, condo, townhome, trailer, tent... He knows them by name. As the scripture in the box above says, He is willing to "direct my footsteps according to His WORD..." so that we will not stumble. He also offers us the secret to having His spiritual eyesight...
- How can I keep from being spiritually blind and short-sighted?
- Is it possible to never "stumble" spiritually?
2 Peter 1:5-11
- in your faith supply moral excellence
- and in your moral excellence, knowledge
- and in your knowledge, self-control,
- and in your self-control, perseverance,
- and in your perseverance, godliness;
- and in your godliness, brotherly kindness,
- and in your brotherly kindness, love.
8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins. 10 Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble; 11 for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you."
May these words sink deep in your heart today, sister. Come back tomorrow and let's talk about how they can be transforming!