It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Saturday, November 8, 2008

WE TRUST IN THE NAME OF THE LORD OUR GOD: So, what are you going to do with JESUS?




There are alot of people who claim to have made

the BIGGEST BURGER.


There are alot who claim to have made

the BEST BURGER.


I know where I've eaten my favorites:


1. The Stoplight Drive-In in Crystal City, MO


2. Any Sonic Burger with mustard



Okay, I guess that gives it away.

I do like mustard on my hamburger.

Go ahead, though, and add some ketchup and mayo

and I will savor every bite.


Welcome to
KETCHUP AND MUSTARD SATURDAY
It's time for some Catch Ups and Must Do's!

Do you have time to do that over a hamburger?

Thanks! I love Saturday lunch with you!


CATCH UP:

Wow! I have recently connected with so many OLD and NEW FRIENDS.
There are a few that I want you to meet today:


1. OLD and NEW FRIEND: I hope this week you've been reintroduced to an OLD FRIEND and made Him your BRAND NEW FRIEND. JESUS invites us to be His friends. A few things this week included:

  • Our theme: WE TRUST IN THE NAME OF THE LORD OUR GOD

  • Sunday in the Son's list of the ABC names / descriptions of JESUS.

  • Meditation Monday's names of JESUS connected to Melva's class and Dan's sermon, included: AUTHOR OF LIFE, FAITHFUL AND TRUE, INDESCRIBABLE GIFT, JUDGE, KING, LAWGIVER, NAZARENE, PRINCE OF PEACE, RIGHTEOUS ONE, SAVIOR OF THE WORLD, TEACHER, and WISDOM OF GOD,

  • Tuesday's trust walk through election day and the final decision focused on our gratitude for our HEAVENLY FATHER, CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH and the GREAT I AM.

  • Wednesday for Women in the Word included reflections of a GOD OF LOVE who trusts us to trust Him!

  • Thursday's 5 TRANSFORMING thoughts were under the banner of JESUS being KING of kings and LORD of lords.

  • Yesterday's emphasis on FAMILY FELLOWSHIP being FAITHFUL and TRUE named JESUS as the ONE Who is FAITHFUL and TRUE.

.

  • Today, I ask you "So, what are you going to do with JESUS?" Please watch this short video as our devotional thought for today:




OLD FRIEND: Laura at Heavenly Homemakers is a christian friend of mine who lives in York, NE. She's the one who hosts GRATITUESDAY. My first GRATITUESDAY back in September, I featured Laura: http://momstransformed.blogspot.com/2008/09/roots-and-wings-gratitude.html This week, she is celebrating her one year anniversary of blogging. She has many wonderful freebies to download this week. One of them is an e-book of Pie Recipes collected from women who visit her blog. It alone is amazing but there are also FREE Fruit of the Spirit Kids Character charts and more....She allows you to print off as many charts and stickers as you will need. Have fun! Deadline is November 13. Laura's blog has many components. Two focuses are cooking healthy and living frugally. I think there is something there for all of us.


NEW FRIEND: Lisa at "As Thyme Goes Buy" tells about how her Brave Brother David is spiritually strong. If you're needing a dose of inspiration today, this short post is for you! http://asthymegoesbuy.blogspot.com/2008/11/gratituesday.html
.

OLD FRIEND: Steve's niece, Jauna Marcum and her husband Justin are missionary's in Ecuador where they run a christian camp. If you have not had time to read their short post about their prayer request, I encourage you to do so and even post a note of encouragement on their blog because I've noticed that they don't have very many. http://reegersinecuador.blogspot.com/

.

NEW FRIEND: On GRATITUESDAY, 10-21-08, I posted about our young friend Evan who battles all the complications of PKU with the support of his mom and dad. That day, I got this comment at the end of the post: "I"m not sure how I found your blog...but here I am. I am also a mom to a little boy with PKU. There are ups and downs in dealing with the PKU and we are still learning. Thank you for giving another prespective. I will be thinking about Evan and his family." To read more and even find out how to get a free 8 x 10 today, click here: http://kpmattingly.wordpress.com/

.

TWO OTHER OLD FRIENDS: Recently, I have found out that I have a few old friends who I have not gotten to sit down with for a while yet they have been reading this blog. I did not know that they had been doing this. It's good to know that Jennifer and Judy may be joining us today for hamburger!

.

ONE MORE NEW FRIEND: Andrea from Alaska ended up on my husbands blog based on a comment made by Andrea from Pitman. Upon visiting Alaska Andrea's blog, I quickly realized that some links on her sidebar were friends and relatives. I also found alot of great baby info to pass on to Jordan and Jacqueline. So, come to find out Alaska Andrea was part of the AIM program in Lubbock, Texas and took her Adventure in Mission to another continent. Now, her and her husband are sharing their faith in Alaska. You can get to know Andrea at http://www.inwhitefields.blogspot.com/.

.

TWO FINAL NEW FRIENDS:

Melanie, thanks GOD for the little things...

http://buildwisely.blogspot.com/2008/11/gratituesday.html

Christy reminds us that GOD is in control!

http://mercyeverymorning.blogspot.com/2008/11/gratituesday.html

.

MUST DO:

Right now, our church family is the midst of a 24 hour prayer vigil that began at 6:00 p.m. last night. Different people over a 24 hour period are assigned to different hours to pray. Some are doing this in the privacy of their homes. Some are doing this in small groups at our church building. Steve and I signed up for the 12 midnight to 3:00 AM prayer times at the building. Then, at 2:00 PM today is a prayer time at the building for women. At 5:00 PM the congregation meets to pray for the last hour. SWEET!

.

There will be many things to pray about. Here are my 3 focused prayers:

1. The return of our nation to GOD, from the president down!

2. The growing women's ministry at the Pitman church!

3. Health and wellness for our 25 year old daughter Jessica who suffers from 24/7 migraines!

.

Thank you for joining us! Please post your prayer requests in the comment section.

.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link!

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!