It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Friday, November 28, 2008

THAT'S WHAT LOVE IS: I DON'T WANNA BUT I'M A GONNA!





We've never made a habit of doing BLACK FRIDAY as a family fellowship time, yet I know that some families do. Last year was the closest, when we all met at Jordan and Jacqueline's in Chicago for our "Thanksmas". We did the early morning thing on Friday. Not much though, we went to Staples!
.
My husband, Steve, has a saying that our family has become used to over the years:
"I DON'T WANNA' BUT I'M A GONNA!"
He started using it as a modern day expression of Jesus' words: "Not my will but Thine be done!"
.
I'm a people person and having only the three of us here yesterday for Thanksgiving was harder than I thought. I basically told Jessica and Steve, "I don't wanna' but I'm a gonna!" I certainly wanted us to stay here with Jessica who suffers from chronic migraines. I was thrilled that she had a very good day yesterday. Yet, Jessica knew something was wrong! She asked, "What's wrong, Mom?" I just missed THE CROWD: all our kids, the cousins, extended family...loud and noisy game playing...singing... Yet, I am SO THANKFUL that yesterday Jessica had a very good day!
.
I'm thankful for all the Thanksgivings that Jessica was pain free before she began her battle with pain about 13 years ago. I found three pics to remind me of earlier Thanksgivings:
.
THANKSGIVING 1987,
we traveled to Crystal City, Missouri
to be with my extended family.
Some of the Klein/Sikes cousins bed down for the night
on Granny's living room floor...

THANKSGIVING 1988,
we're at home in Nebraska around our kitchen table
wearing our paper plate pilgrim hats.
Our little Pilgrims and Indians made from styrofoam cups
sit in the middle of the table.


THANKSGIVING 1990, at home in Texas
with our Texas cousins coming our way.
Caleb made sure the cousins joined in to play "dress up".

.
On Tuesday, when I shared some things that my young adult children have "treasured in their hearts", one that Jessica told me that was not written down was: "Mom, we knew that you weren't really an animal person and you went the extra mile to let us have animals." Jessica is so right! I just said, "I don't wanna' but I'm a gonna'!"
.
Our first pet was a fish when Jordan was born. We still lived in an apartment. Here is Jordan at age 2, the first week of living in our new house and having his very first dog FUNNY GUY. FUNNY GUY was a huskie and beagle mix who had one blue eye and one brown eye.


Jordan was pretty rough with FUNNY GUY,
so FUNNY GUY decided that turn about was fair play!


Here are a few more pics that I found of the kids and some of their animals. Although I'm sure that they're somewhere, I did not find pics of:

  • Dogs: Mozart, Prince, Levi
  • Turtles
  • Frogs and Toads
  • Many fish
  • Chicken

.

FIRST BATCH OF KITTENS:



Our kittens and puppy, DOLPHIN,

grew up liking each other.
Jordan loved DOLPHINS,
the MIAMI DOLPHINS,

and anything that would wear the name DOLPHIN...





FUNNY GUY 2:

Here is new puppy FUNNY GUY 2,

who came to live with us after FUNNY GUY 1 died...



We moved to Texas,

taking our dog WHITE SOX with us...
It wasn't long until we had MOZART (not pictured)

and COUSIN

who Jordan is holding here.

I've said before how much our kids love their cousins.

So, why not name our dog COUSIN!?!?




IN TEXAS,

CRYSTAL AND OUR CATS HANG OUT TOGETHER:




JESSICA'S HAMSTER, LANDSLIDE,

MADE ME REPEAT MY WORDS

OVER AND OVER-
"I don't wanna' but I'm a gonna'!

I don't wanna but I'm a gonna'!
I don't wanna but I'm a gonna'!"


CALEB HOLDS ONE OF OUR RABBITS HERE...

IT REMINDS ME OF ONE EASTER MORNING
WAKING UP TO MANY BABY BUNNIES:




THEN, THERE WERE PAPA SIKES' HORSES TO RIDE:



Oh, I did mention the pet chicken! Crystal's first grade class watched the process of baby chicks being hatched from eggs as a science experiment. A classroom drawing was held to give away those chicks that had thrived. Have you ever thought about the difference between having a sweet baby chick as a pet who one day turns into a rooster?!?!?! Oh, my!

.

Oh, yes, then during their teen years,

two of our kids battled chronic illness,

so Jessica got MADDIE and

Caleb got JOSIE...





.

Although, we loved both dogs dearly, they soon had to go. Jessica developed allergies to Maddie and Josie needed to be out on somebody's farm herding sheep.Our kids have treasured memories of all their animal friends. I am thankful, I chose to allow for them in spite of my basic feelings of "I don't wanna..."

.

What's your FAMILY FELLOWSHIP memory

to share with us today?!?!?



.


No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!