It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Friday, November 14, 2008

MORE LIKE YOU, JESUS: IN OUR FAMILY FELLOWSHIP


FAMILY FELLOWSHIP FRIDAY
.



Christmas games at Grandma Klein's!
.





One of many Sikes' games!



.
Since it's getting close to the holidays,
think of some game(s) that you have played together,
during the holidays with family,
that still brings back great memories.
Share it with us here or better yet,
post about it.
.
Sorry that my Mister Linky is not up and running today
but we'll link to you via your comment.
.


My mind has lots of memories hooked to games
full of talking, laughter, listening, and loving on one another.
We have many memories with my extended Klein family
and with Steve's extended Sikes' family,
but for today, I'll list those that we've played pretty consistently
with our kids as they have gotten older:



  • Rook tournament




  • Monopoly marathon






  • Phase 10





  • Apples to Apples







  • Cranium
    .



I'm smiling just thinking about it!

BTW, many games nowadays can be

bought in a junior edition for the younger ones.

BLESSINGS...

May your Holidays be filled with family fun and fellowship.
Thanks for stopping by... and keep remembering to say:
"MORE LIKE YOU, JESUS!"







8 comments:

Kristy said...

I have wonderful memories of playing Checkers and Go Fish with my cousins over the Thanksgiving weekend. They would drive in from Ohio every year and we were closer to them than the cousins that lived minutes away. I think it has to do with the amount of time spent with people when visiting - days instead of hours.
This is all part of what still makes Thanksgiving my favorite - time spent with people as opposed to time spent with things!

Andrea said...

We always do a puzzle at Thanksgiving. I don't remember playing games specificlly at holiday times, but growing up we played a lot of games with church family: Aggravation, Nertz, spoons, Phase 10, Yahtzee, rummikub, Boogle, Spades, hearts, Rummy, Balderdash, Sequence, Uno.

Chuck and I played Uno with the boys Tuesday night before he left on Wednesday. We had a laughing good time. I kept thinking what a great memory for us all to have over the next two weeks of laughing and playing together as a family.

What is the game on the board in one of your pictures? Is it Carrom?

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

What fun! :D I wish we lived closer to family. My family loves to play Hearts when we all get together.

Annette said...

While my family is not big into games, Dave side is made up of big gamers!!! Our holidays and family vacations are full of memories of playing games...One card game, Garbage, has been passed down for several generations in the entire clan...for years "Monopoly" has been the big game...my son Steven was particularly good at it at a young age and really liked beating his uncles. Rainy days on beach vacations became Monopoly marathons, and they always seem to manage to sneak in a game at Christmas. "Scatagories" was a big favorite for a long time when the kids were all little and we'd all stay up until 2 am playing...and then would get up bright and early and march the little ones down to the beach...I guess we we a lot younger then too! My favorite has always been "Taboo" (probably because I'm actually good at it!) Traditionally we play men against women, and because it's one of those intuitive games the women usually win! Our newest favorite is "Pit" which is a very loud game with lots of screaming and yelling. Now that some of the kids are grown we all play, so we usually have to go out on the deck where there's plenty of room...so we have to finish by 10 PM so no one calls the cops on us! Thanks for bringing up the memories!

Unknown said...

We played Scattagories and Boggle and always got a kick out of the words Greg would try to pull over on us!!! Also Andrew & Jessie have these little mailbox ornaments that they leave notes in for each other every year!! We carted them to Memphis last year so they could do it again. This has been going on since Andrew could write!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is too much fun! When I wrote this post, Jessica helped me think of our top five games. Yet, I talked to Caleb on the phone tonight and he reminded me that we've also played alot of Boggle, Clue, and Solarquest. My other two kids may even jog my memory some more.

Andrea, I'm in Alabama this weekend with my mom and brothers family. We were trying to remember what that game is in the first picture, too. I'll have to call my sister to find out. All of us remember how much fun it was but none of us can remember what it was called or how to play it...oh dear...

Andrea said...

Patti, you'll be missed on Sunday. Is the game Sequence? It may have been called something else. Now it comes in a box and is called Sequence. It has a deck or two of cards, the board has card imprints on it and you use chips.

Anonymous said...

Andrea,
The second picture is Sequence. That's another game that we play. I still don't know what we're playing in the first pic. That's the million dollar question.

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!