It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

ROOTS AND WINGS: GRATITUDE


I believe that complaining and arguing are the opposite of thanksgiving. There's a pretty amazing scripture that we talked alot about with our kids as they were growing up:
.

Philippians 2:14-15
14 Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe...
.
What a way to let my light shine! Shine like a star in the universe! How? Quit complaining and arguing!
.
What I have also found to be true is putting a little twist on these verses. If children are feeling guilty about something or struggling with their purity they will probably be the ones complaining and arguing the loudest.
.
How do we instill the GRATITUDE ATTITUDE?
.
  1. Model thankful speech!
  2. Set the timer to go off during your meal...everyone knows that's when you say one thing that you are thankful for.
  3. Each family member has a "I'M THANKFUL FOR..." journal that has one thing added per day.
  4. Stop an argument between siblings by having them tell one thing that they are thankful about the other...
    .

Today is GRATITUESDAY and it was started by the woman who I am thankful for today:


.

This person has been a role model for me even before she was born. Paul tells Timothy to "set an example for the believers in his youth" and this young woman has done that. She means many things to me. Here are a few of GOD'S GOLDS:

  • Her grandfather was the reason that I went to York College as a freshman...not going to York College would have meant that I probably would not have met and married Steve.
  • Her mother was a role model for me in many ways as I looked up to her from the time that I was a teenager.
  • I went to school with her aunt and uncle.
  • This young woman was a role model for my daughter-in-law even before Jordan had even met Jacqueline.
  • I heard about this woman, her love for God, her talents, her exceptional commitment, and perseverance long before I met her.
  • I have lived in the same town as her and worshipped at the same place together.
  • I now hear of her good works "from afar" and see them online
  • I am very thankful for the life and family of: LAURA COPPINGER
    .

I would like to nominate Laura as my second nominee for SHARING THE LOVE blog award AND invite you to join me each Tuesday as I join Laura in encouraging all of us to develop a GRATITUDE ATTITUDE so that we might - SHINE FOR JESUS LIKE STARS IN THE UNIVERSE.

.
I think you will be amazed at Laura's web blog. It is a reflection of who she is. For those of you who need ideas, more ideas, a multitude of ideas...this is a great place to start...THANK YOU LAURA!!! Go to Laura's website and click on Laura's blog first and after getting the idea of GRATITUESDAY, then have fun browsing...
http://www.heavenlyhomemakers.com/

.

Also, one more thankful! I love the post that Laura made yesterday 9-1-08. I love it for two reasons:

  1. Laura and Matt are giving their 4 boys ROOTS AND WINGS as they make the journey to see the KC Royals play the Oakland A's.
  2. I am thankful for Brad Ziegler's parents: Greg and Laura Ziegler. They were students at York College the first time Steve taught there. This couple stood out to me in many ways but the most important was for how they let their lights shine for Jesus: extremely encouraging and thankful people. We've seen them on and off over the years and have periodically connected by email. Greg is a minister in Odessa, Missouri. We were so excited when we learned that their son Brad had not only been called up to the Oakland A's, but that he was breaking major league records already.

.

Lisa emailed me in August, from the heart of a "transformed mom": It has been quite exciting with Brad....God has truly kept his promise of “Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength.” It has been a difficult road for him, but we give God all the glory in getting him there. Thanks for the support. Love to all of your bunch. I hope you don’t mind me forwarding your email on to my brother and sisters..."


LINK TO MORE ABOUT BRAD: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=29147

LINK TO VIDEO WITH THIS WEEK'S SONG - FIND YOUR WINGS:

.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Great post! I enjoyed reading this.

Shalee said...

Oh Patti! I was very excited to see your name in the Mr. Linky list! And I don't think you could choose a more deserving recipient for your award. Laura really is a wonderful example of God's love with skin on.

Laura said...

Patti, thank you so much for this award and for honoring me with all of your kind words. You are an encouragement to me in so many ways. Thank you.

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!