It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

THAT'S WHAT LOVE IS: GRATITUDE IN SPITE OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES


Romans 5:2-6 says,
"We exult in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only this,
but we also exult in our tribulations,
knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance;
4 and perseverance, proven character;
and proven character, hope;
5 and hope does not disappoint,
because the love of God has been poured out
within our hearts
through the Holy Spirit who was given to us."
.
.
This week I am focusing on the love it takes to get through really hard times. Before I share with you my thoughts for today, let's re-cap:


  1. SUNDAY IN THE SON'S POST: The words to the song: That's What Love Is and the incredible videoes of the Hoyt father / son team who show that LOVE ALWAYS PERSEVERES!
  2. SUNDAY MORNING'S TREASURED IN MY HEART CLASS: For those of you who weren't in this class because just maybe you live on the other side of the world or the USA...I shared that there were so many times while raising my children that I just hung on by my fingernails...yet, believed with mustard seed faith that GOD would make a way as I prayed for WISDOM and focused on JESUS' words: John 5:19-20 "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself..." John 5:30 "I can do nothing on My own initiative. “ John 15:5-6 …”for apart from Me you can do nothing. “ Luke 23:34 "Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing." LOVE ALWAYS PERSEVERES!
  3. MEDITATION MONDAY'S POST: I shared a powerful scripture from my husband Steve's sermon in a series of Hope and Comfort from the book of Isaiah: LOVE ALWAYS HOPES! Then, there is also the video of David Phelps singing our theme song That's What Love Is and the powerful way he sings: "love is in the not letting go..." You'll learn why his Dad and Mom were the inspiration that caused him to write it. LOVE NEVER LEAVES!
  4. TODAY'S GRATITUESDAY POST: I want you to know that in spite of so many not so great circumstances, love still reigns in our family. It was GOD'S love that got us through AND is still getting us through! LOVE BEARS ALL THINGS!

.

Here are just a few of the "circumstances" that our family has experienced since my first pregnancy until now:

  1. miscarriages
  2. major pregnancy and delivery complications
  3. congenital disorders
  4. children's hospitals in several different states
  5. surgeries
  6. severe allergies (includng one child being allergic to our town's water then moved to a new town and a different child became allergic to our house)
  7. special diets
  8. toddlers with eyeglasses
  9. deaths of 4 close friends in tragic car wreck
  10. ADD/ADHD
  11. emergency rooms
  12. hospitalizations
  13. poison control
  14. near drowning
  15. "encephalitis"
  16. broken back's ongoing problems
  17. homeschooling
  18. month's money ran out before month ran out
  19. both parents needing to work full time
  20. discouraged by words and actions of christian friends
  21. more surgeries
  22. more disorders
  23. job loss
  24. moving six times
  25. near bankruptcy
  26. chronic pain: 24/7 migraines for 13 years, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue
  27. supra-ventricular tachycardia
  28. bi-polar
  29. death of friends and family members
  30. running away
  31. weariness
  32. teen car wrecks
  33. depression
  34. anger with GOD
  35. extreme discouragement...losing faith?!?!?

GOD are you there?...

·
.

Here's the GOOD NEWS...

In spite of our circumstances,

GOD never left!

.

There's always something to be thankful for in spite of it all. So, I recently asked our four young adult children to share some Treasures in their Hearts that they were really thankful for in spite of all "the stuff" that went on. Each of them shared five things. I will list most of them below and more on my post for FAMILY FELLOWSHIP FRIDAY.

.

I am grateful that they are grateful! I am grateful that GOD is in control! Here's what they said:

  • Love was modeled verbally and non-verbally.

  • One of our family songs: "I'm gonna hide God's Word in My Heart; It's a lamp unto my feet. I'm gonna read God's word everyday. It's my food, my bread, my meat. I'm gonna stand on the truth of the Bible. I'm gonna open my eyes; I'm gonna memorize."

  • Compromising Punishment - I can remember mom and dad allowing me to share what I thought was a reasonable punishment for wrongful actions. I put down a few possible punishments that fit the crime, and they put down a few. Then, I crossed one out and they crossed one out. Eventually, we came to the punishment that was given.

  • Prom interrogation of Dad to my date!

  • Dad and Mom taught us to think for ourselves. They are teachers and I enjoyed being in their classes…I loved Dad’s sermons (when I wasn’t sleeping).

  • They asked us our opinions...I can remember Dad sitting me down when I was about 5 and talking to me about the pros and cons of moving to Texas.

  • They told us the truth about things especially Santa Claus. I’ve always felt that to be foundational for trusting.

  • Working with mom!

  • Although I didn't want to hear it everyday like I did, living with Sister Wisdom and praying for wisdom has helped me to continue to open up to God and seek out wisdom daily.

  • Although I didn't want the ABC's of Proverbs everyday in the car on my way to High School, looking back I can see how much Dad cared about me to instill in me scripture that would help me be victorious.

  • Zerberts!

  • You instilled in us to always try to do the right thing even when it seemed too hard. ..like the contract in our hallway that we all signed that said we would obey without complaining or arguing even if it seemed too hard.

  • Sitting on Dad's lap!

  • Dad and Mom were involved in my sports. Mom was president of the Little Dribblers Association. Dad coached me in baseball, basketball, and punt pass and kick. We even went to Nationals for the International Father / Son Shoot Out free throw contest.. Dad was totally impartial and fair to everyone as a coach and umpire even when I was involved. I vividly remember Dad saying as the umpire, "Strike three! You're out! Way to go, son!" I didn't appreciate it then but I do now.

  • Dad's fried potatoes!

  • You allowed for and even encouraged my creativity by letting me have "pillow land" and a big hamper full of boy dress-up clothes: the armor of God, Tarzan, Superman, Cowboys and Indians.

.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is patient,

.

love is kind...

.

...rejoices with the truth

.

bears all things

.

believes all things

.

hopes all things

.

endures all things.

.

Love never fails..."

.

4 comments:

Jen said...

This is a wonderful encouraging post. Thank you so much for sharing. Have a wonderful week.

Christiana said...

Your testimony to God's faithfulness in the midst of trials is very encouraging. Thanks for sharing!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Laura said...

Reading through your list of hurts is such a reminder of God's faithfulness. Reading through your list of things your kids loved is an awesome reminder of how the happy memories shine through.

B and V Leonard said...

Aunt Patti, Thank you for sharing. I know those 35 PLUS things were not easy times but what a light you were to me during some of those circumstances. God was using you to help me along!

And what a blessing of JJCC to be able to share their Treasures.

In the mist of my "circumstances", I'm being better about finding the joys and now I'll look for treasures! Thank you! I love you!!

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!