It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Monday, October 6, 2008

THE LIGHTHOUSE: I HAVE SET MY MIND

MEDITATION MONDAY


My Sunday in the Son was full of LIGHT!!! I have set my mind to meditate on these things this day and be light as I go back out into a dark world:


  1. Donna, one of our elders wives, spoke in our TREASURES FROM MY HEART CLASS...some things that I thought about during or took from her well prepared lesson: a) As a first grade teacher Donna reminded us how important it is that we understand "background information" in a lesson or a relationship - so she was going to share some of hers; b)We must continue to tell our faith journey stories...it is through this experience that we understand dynamics within the body of Christ............ c) Honor the Differences: Donna stated up front that she was no Mary Lea: no poems written by or about her children, no chocolate Dove candy (only Sweethearts), and no husband singing a solo on tape...Donna wove humor into her stories of 4 generations of christian heritage...it blessed many of us; she also talked about the huge differences in personality of her children...honor them! ; d) Understand love languages: she knew her daddy loved her dearly even though he didn't say it...her momma showed much love through her hospitality... e) Pick your battles! Life is short! Do your best and move on!

  2. Steve preached from JAMES 5 - the beginning and ending of a good book connect with each other: Bible begins in Genesis and ends in Revelation with the Tree of Life and a river...Matthews first chapter talks about Jesus being Immanuel which means "God with us" then in the last chapter of Matthew He says, "I will be with you always!"; and, then there's the book of James where Steve compared chapter 1 with chapter 5. Chapter one speaks of suffering, joy, prayer, poor/rich, and perseverance. Chapter five speaks of: Suffering? Then, Pray! Be Cheerful! Sing! Sick? Ask elders to pray and anoint! Rich? Judgment! Perseverance! ...................Many of you know that we have a daughter who has suffered from chronic pain for over 13 years. We have prayed, many have prayed, elders have prayed and anointed... What should we do? Never give up! Persevere! Let God be glorified! This was hard for Steve to preach. In the first service he cried! His summary of James 5 on prayer: PRAYER ANSWERS SUFFERING 5:13, PRAYER RESTORES HEALTH 5:14-16, PRAYER BRINGS FORGIVENESS 5:15-16, PRAYER STOPS AND STARTS RAIN5:17-18, and PRAYER SAVES AND COVERS 5:19-20.

  3. Communion: Tony DeStefano talked about Super Heroes. He believes that the Jews were looking for a Super Hero instead of a Savior. He believes that many people are doing th same thing today. We focused on The Savior and our need for Him!

  4. At the evening young adult life group - Matt led a discussion on the prodigal son(s) and Steve continued it, connecting it with Agur's prayer. Did these men want what their father had or did they want a relationship with their father? At some point Agur came to grips with who he was and Who his father was:


  • Proverbs 30:2-9 "Surely I am more stupid than any man,
  • And I do not have the understanding of a man.
  • 3 Neither have I learned wisdom, Nor do I have the knowledge of the Holy One.
  • 4 Who has ascended into heaven and descended?
  • Who has gathered the wind in His fists?
  • Who has wrapped the waters in His garment?
  • Who has established all the ends of the earth?
  • What is His name or His son's name?
  • Surely you know!
  • 5 Every word of God is tested;
  • He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
  • 6 Do not add to His words Lest He reprove you, and you be proved a liar.
  • 7 Two things I asked of Thee, Do not refuse me before I die:
  • 8 Keep deception and lies far from me,
  • Give me neither poverty nor riches;
  • Feed me with the food that is my portion,
  • 9 Lest I be full and deny Thee and say, "Who is the LORD?"
  • Or lest I be in want and steal, And profane the name of my God.

.Rachel has been teaching us a song that has been around awhile but is new to me called FATHER GOD or JUST FOR TODAY by Marc Shelske:

Father God just for today

Help me walk the narrow way

Help me stand when I might fall

Lend me the strength to hear your call

.

Refrain:

May my steps be worship,

May my thoughts be praise,

May my words bring honor to Your name,

May my steps be worship,

May my thoughts be praise,

May my words bring honor to Your name.

.

Here I am just for today

Live in me, have Your way

For my desire when this race is run

Is only to hear You say. "Well done!"

.

Sing Refrain again

.

Sunday in the Son was rich...with Bible study, prayer, singing, worship, encouragement, and much fellowship.

  1. We went to lunch with Matthew, Brenda, and Lexi Collins and made more connections: Matthew had been stationed in Okinawa like my dad was...Brenda and Steve were both born in New Mexico...we talked about favorite movies, mexican food, common friends, and the church...it was a time of SWEET FELLOWSHIP!

  2. We got home to find John and Brenda Peoples were mowing and weeding our yard. What servants! We stood outside for a while afterwards in SWEET FELLOWSHIP!

  3. Our life group had MORE SWEET FELLOWSHIP with the young adults including new christians Danny, Tim, and Kristi. What a blessing!

  4. All of the above helps me to reflect on my Life in the Son on this Meditation Monday and pray that He shine through me.

.

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!