It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD! HE LIVES!

Have you ever seen a TRANSPARENT BUTTERFLY or an ALBINO PEACOCK? What about any BUTTERFLY or PEACOCK? I am amazed at the Creator of the universe. Creation by chance? Not a chance!





After yesterday's post, Steve's brother Stanten sent me some pictures that he took on Sunday as he drove the short distance from their home in Buena Vista, Colorado to their church building. GOD's glory Colorado style! Thank you, Stanten! Thank You, GOD!






Yesterday, my post shared much more of the glory of creation! If you have not seen it, please take some time to go back to it right now. After you see the pictures, be sure and read the last few paragraphs at the end of yesterdays post. It is there that you will be introduced to who I choose to be thankful for today: JOHN CLAYTON.

.

Who is John Clayton? He is the very best part of GOD'S creation...a person who is willing to let the HOLY SPIRIT of our GREAT LIVING GOD live and work through him.

A
devout atheist until his early twenties, Clayton was part of the same organized atheist group that made Madeline Murray O'Hair famous. He decided to write a book called All the Stupidity of the Bible, but instead found himself slowly becoming convinced about Christianity. Today, he travels the U.S. giving some 40 lectures per year on the subject "Does God Exist?" He is a teacher and geologist by profession. He holds a B.S. degree from Indiana University in education with a concentration in physics and mathematics. He holds a M.S. degree from Indiana University in education with a concentration in chemistry and psychometry. He also holds a M.S. degree from the University of Notre Dame in geology and earth science. His honors include: Distinguished Physics Teacher for the State of Indiana--by the American Association of Physics Teachers; S.T.A.R Instructor for Indiana Department of Public Instruction; South Bend Community School Corporation High School Teacher of the Year and School Corporation Teacher of the Year.

.

When John came to know that GOD existed, he also came to know that GOD is Who He says He is: a loving, living, active, Heavenly Father Who just happens to be our Creator.

.

Steve and I have known John since the 1970's, the first time we lived in Bloomington, Indiana as graduate students. John had come to know GOD there as his LORD and SAVIOR. He is a cherished brother to the church in Bloomington.
.
Steve and I now live in Pitman, NJ where John is also a favorite for our church family here. He and his late wife, Phyllis, are dearly loved and respected by our group of transformed moms. We've loved it when they've come for a teaching series. It's been an easy way for us to "pack the house"! Just his series on DANDY DESIGNS for teaching our children about GOD's designs in nature and how they point to GOD are incredible.

.

John, when our Bible class was going through our Beth Moore study last year and came to the chapter where she honored your work, we were "proud as peacocks". We are very honored to call you "brother and friend". Thank you for seeing the GOD Who does exist! Thank you for teaching us these principles through your materials and your website. http://www.doesgodexist.org/

.

GOD blesses us richly through you! Thank you!



.

12 comments:

Jen said...

Great post! I'm so grateful that God is alive!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Patti,

I have just spent the last hour looking at your blog and I am so glad I did. What a way to start my day. Full of blessings about God our creator. Thank you for all the work you do to bless other's lives.

Laura said...

WOW. WOW. WOW. Those pictures are incredibly beautiful. I'm so encouraged this morning to have seen so much of God's splendor in those pictures. Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I truly needed this. The pictures and comments have really ministered to me. What an awesome God we serve!!!
Karelle

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing the beautiful picture. I'am very blessed to live on a lake just yesterday I went back and sat and the colors of the trees across the lake are stunning and yes right here in New Jersy. I think I need to take pictures.
I also need to know if anyone can get a song or I may just have to buy it. I'am an old school girl and don't know how to get all this stuff off of computer. Anyway one of my favorite types of music is country (yes also funny I'am born and raised in New Jersey see NJ not so bad) on the way home from ladies class Tim Mcgraw (who is one of my favorites) song came on called Let it go. I thought it was awesome how in the song he talked about crossing over which is what Beth Moore touched on in class. I would like to share this song because I think its a song everyone can relate to. Sorry so long. Jo-Ann

Marnie said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures! I want to go to Colorado. God's creation is wonderful. Also, what a nice tribute to John Clayton. I haven't ever heard of him, but it was nice to read what you wrote.

Anonymous said...

Hey!!!! Awsome Pictures (we should be there)it is so funny how god does work this time two yrs ago we were packing to move to Littleon Co.....
I am thankful for john claton too...he is awsome
have a great day ..I miss you guys::((
love kelly

Anonymous said...

Which Beth Moore lesson mentions John Clayton?

Anonymous said...

Beth Moore's book BELIEVING GOD talks about John Clayton and his work.

Andrea said...

JoAnn, You can go to Playlist.com and start your own account. Once you have an account and you search for music type in Tim McGraw Let it Go. The song is there. You can keep the playlist up so you can turn it on and listen at anytime. Or start a blog so we can all enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your blog Patti. The lighthouse hit me this week. That song always makes me think of Mamma Sikes and my dad. The Aaron Shust song is great too.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Georgeous pics!

Wow, thank you so much for sharing this! It is amazing to hear about men like this that set out to prove God doesn't exist and find out that He does!! My father-in-law is one of those that believes He doesn't exist. I'm going to check out that website.

have a blessed day!

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!