It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Saturday, October 18, 2008

HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD: HE'S TRANSFORMIN' LIVES!


Come join us on Ketchup and Mustard (Catch Up and Must Do) Saturday. We've got some things to catch up on and things we must do. The picture above reminds me of this new state that I have now lived in for a year. Diners are everywhere! Yesterday, I went to lunch with an 85 year old friend who is a widow. The diner was bustling with conversation and the rhythm of silverware clicking on plates. Diners are such a part of the NJ culture that there is even a website to find the next one you want to visit at http://www.njdiners.com/
.

1st - MUST DO:
.
Before I say anything else, I am inserting this thought in mid-day...it's 174 days until our first grandbaby is due. GOD is transformin' "Mavis" right inside her Mommy all the way in Chicago and I am way too far away but I know that GOD knows what He is doing! Thank You, GOD for blogs that take away the pain of long distance! Check out baby Mavis' new post today at http://jordandjacqueline.blogspot.com/
.
Okay! Now, I'll continue...
I thank GOD for my new home in South Jersey. All I used to know about New Jersey was that the "mafia" lived here. Then, my sister married a man from Lincoln Park, NJ and I began to think that some of my perceptions of Jersey were flawed. In fact, my new church family has been incredible at helping us make the adjustment from the Midwest to the East Coast. What a blessing they have been. For the many of you who have never been to this culture, that I now live in, let me just say that we are 20 minutes from the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia and closer than that to the Philadelphia Phillies...GO PHILLIES!!! Let me share with you ten things that I now know:
.
10. I know to say, "Let's take a drive!"
.
9. I know to say, "Let's go to the shore!"
.
8. I know it's not pop, it' s soda!
.
7. I know it's not a sub, it's a hoagie!
.
6. I know the convenience store of choice for most is WaWa!
.
5. I know that pizza is everywhere!
.
4. I know that there are an awful lot of "Nick's" and "Tony's"!
.
3. I know that diners are everywhere!
.
2. I know that this is the only 'New' state that doesn't require 'New' to identify it. Try: Mexico! York! Hampshire! Doesn't work, does it? But here, you can just say, “JERSEY”. If there is a word to go before it, it’s usually, North, Central, or South AND it's often pronounced 'JOISEY'.
.
1. I know that the Pitman church of Christ, in South Jersey, is a little piece of heaven in a state who desperately needs JESUS. A group of people who have been heard to say, "We've all got warts here!" Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven!
.
NEW JERSEY and all the other 49 states need much prayer. Please read:

2 Chronicles 7:14
"If my people, which are called by my name
shall humble themselves, and pray, and
seek my face and turn from their wicked ways,
then will I hear from heaven, and
will forgive their sin, and
will heal their land."
.
During WWII, there was an advisor to Churchill who organized a group of people who dropped what they were doing every night at a prescribed hour for one minute to collectively pray for the safety of England , its people and peace.This had an amazing effect as bombing stopped.There is now a group of people organizing the same thing here in America . TheUnited States of America and our citizens need prayer more than ever!If you would like to participate: each evening at 9:00 PM Eastern Time, 8:00 PM Central, 7:00 PM Mountain, 6:00 PM Pacific, stop whatever you are doing and spend one minute praying for the safety of the United States, our troops, our citizens, for peace in the world, for wisdom and courage for our leaders, the up-coming election, and that the Bible will remain the basis for the laws governing our land and that Christianity will grow in the U.S.

.
2ND CATCH UP:
.

There are 3 transformed moms from the Pitman church who have recently started their own blogs:
.
1. Kristi Hall
.
Kristi was baptized into Christ on September 13, along with her husband and mom, would like to share their journey as new christians...especially her thought processes. She says:

"The Bible lays out the instructions so perfectly that if you strive to live according to God's Will, you will have to change! The other night someone told me an acronym for BIBLE. I believe it was Dan Cooper. BIBLE means Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. How perfect is that???? It just makes such perfect sense to me! So now that I have a bunch of random thoughts I guess I should go back to the great instruction manual known as the Bible and find out where I should go with this blog. I am thinking that I want to write out all the new things I am learning so that I don't forget them. I have a few friends who have been asking questions and maybe this will help them....and me! God Bless!!!"
2. Christina Mueller
.
Christina's family has suffered alot, like mine, with allergies and asthma. She has been on a search to find some answers. Hopefully, she will be sharing alot more of the following kind of information with us. She says, "I have also started making many of our everyday items: shampoo, conditioner, tooth paste, laundry detergent, dish wash soap, and many cleaning supplies. I plan on making even more."
.
3. Alana Peterson
.
Alana loves to write and is making her second attempt at blogging. She says, "Here I was waiting for opportunities when they are all around me and I've neglected to look up from my life to glorify Him. Forgive me Lord and use me to Your glory."
.

.
Thanks for visiting with me at a South Jersey Diner! You are a blessing to me!
.

6 comments:

B and V Leonard said...

I'll never look at those bottles the same!

I enjoyed your thoughts this morning as I am up with Hayden early. I can tell he really liked the songs and looked for it when I came to comments because it stops. :)

I will bookmark the ladies new blogspots!! That's exciting!!
I love you! Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Patti,
I can see you're catching on to the SOUTH Jersey lingo, but someday I'll have to give you a lesson on CENTRAL and NORTH Jersey lingo...for such a physically small state we are extremely diverse in geographical culture! (Maybe because we are so densely populated and situated between two major cities.) For instance...in Central Jersey, that long sandwich known down here as a Hogie is a SUB, in North Jersey it's a HERO! And don't even get me started on whether or not that red stuff you put on spaghetti is "sauce" or "gravy"!!!
Love,
A true red-blooded Jersey Girl!

Andrea said...

I ditto Annette. When you said a Sub is a hoagie, it must be in west central Jersey, because in east central we call them Subs.

Thanks for sharing the new blogs. I knew about Alana's. I'm glad to add the other two to my list.

I started blogging about 7 or 8 years ago. When no one knew what to do with it. I can't even find my original blog any more. I'm glad it's finally catching on. I think it's a great way for people to stay connected who live far enough apart not to be able to enjoy each other as often as they'd like to.

Anonymous said...

Hi Patti,
WOW--What a great job you have done and what a wonderful service! I plan to visit the site often and recommend it to others...

Anonymous said...

V, I'm glad that that those bottles will connect to your sweet sisterhood! And, as for Hayden...I could tell on Sunday that you already have a musically gifted child. He certainly loves it!

Annette, I think you should be the poster girl for a christian Joisey girl. Yes, you are Jersey!

Andrea, I've always known you were a woman ahead of your time. Usually people say that about me, but when it comes to blogging, you have me beat girl!

Anonymous, even though you told me who you are by email, I am so honored and excited to have you and your family and friends join us.

Andrea said...

I had a prof. who required us to have a blog, either personal or academic. He believed they were the up 'n coming thing. I'd say, he was ahead of his time.

I was a student and stay at home mom when I had my first blog. I was reading mostly Dr. Suess, and the Little Red Hen, while Chuck lived on a tugboat. The highlight of my day was a smile from my kids and a hug. Not much of interest with all those academia blogs I was competing with. All my peers were reading all this high litt. stuff.

I was less confident in my writing ability, and I didn't have an audience. People didn't read blogs for personal reasons. They were highly academic. I was deep high in baby poop and spit up.

I've felt my ENTIRE life, that I'm well behind the curve and a late bloomer.

Woohoo, I beat the curve once.
I think my blog title was "Little Boys Blue". It was WAY before blogger ever had a site.

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!