It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Friday, January 14, 2011

ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER... EVEN MY CLOTHES...

.


The title of this blog post may cause a little bit of consternation: ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER... EVEN MY CLOTHES!!!??!!!?!! What does that have to do with family? We've been talking about surrender and I've had clothes on my mind lately. I love finding "deals" after Christmas and in January. Yet, this year there were tons of beforehand Christmas specials. It seems that more and more we're giving gift cards to our young adult children so they can shop for clothes at their favorite places. This Christmas the gift cards purchased shoes and more shoes, a dress, several jackets, and... well I think some are holding out for that special deal.
.
Last year, we spent quite a bit of time talking about putting on the whole armor of God HERE. Part of that armor was THE HELMET OF SALVATION. After writing on Monday's post about Steve's Sunday sermon on WHAT JESUS SAID ABOUT HELL... maybe you've had salvation on your mind - in addition to surrender.
.
I've had a lot of friends over the years who call themselves christians. They have given various accounts of their conversions and/or their lives:
  1. "I prayed Jesus into my heart."
  2. "I prayed the sinners' prayer."
  3. "I told Jesus I loved Him and I got a warm and fuzzy feeling that's hard to describe."
  4. "I'm a christian! I became one as a kid. Once saved always saved! I love that God is so full of grace and compassion. I pray every night before I go to bed and then I'm able to sleep soundly."
  5. "It was just a surreal mountaintop experience!"
  6. "I was really convicted that I was not right with God and the only way to make things right was to submit to Jesus. I made a decision to repent of my sinful ways and confess Jesus as LORD. Then, the preacher took me down into the church's baptistry and immersed me - AND that was just the beginning!"
Which of these six look most like the Biblical accounts of adults becoming christians? On Sunday, Steve reminded us that becoming a christian is multi-facetd and includes different types of surrender. He also quoted from the Bible's book of Galatians:
  • Galatians 3:26-29
    26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Clothes? Being clothed with Christ is by far the best kind of clothing! Not the most popular kind! Not even the kind you'll find at every church! So, where do you find out about these types of clothes? THE BIBLE! Jesus has already paid for them! You just need to surrender yours for His through:

  • faith - (believing and confessing that Jesus is LORD God)
  • baptism

ALL to Jesus, I surrender! This repentant submission... humility... surrender is a trademark of those who wear the name CHRISTIAN!

.

Join me here for one of the amazing conversion stories I've shared on this blog previously:

~BLESSED~

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!