The title of this blog post may cause a little bit of consternation: ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER... EVEN MY CLOTHES!!!??!!!?!! What does that have to do with family? We've been talking about surrender and I've had clothes on my mind lately. I love finding "deals" after Christmas and in January. Yet, this year there were tons of beforehand Christmas specials. It seems that more and more we're giving gift cards to our young adult children so they can shop for clothes at their favorite places. This Christmas the gift cards purchased shoes and more shoes, a dress, several jackets, and... well I think some are holding out for that special deal.
Last year, we spent quite a bit of time talking about putting on the whole armor of God HERE. Part of that armor was THE HELMET OF SALVATION. After writing on Monday's post about Steve's Sunday sermon on WHAT JESUS SAID ABOUT HELL... maybe you've had salvation on your mind - in addition to surrender.
I've had a lot of friends over the years who call themselves christians. They have given various accounts of their conversions and/or their lives:
- "I prayed Jesus into my heart."
- "I prayed the sinners' prayer."
- "I told Jesus I loved Him and I got a warm and fuzzy feeling that's hard to describe."
- "I'm a christian! I became one as a kid. Once saved always saved! I love that God is so full of grace and compassion. I pray every night before I go to bed and then I'm able to sleep soundly."
- "It was just a surreal mountaintop experience!"
- "I was really convicted that I was not right with God and the only way to make things right was to submit to Jesus. I made a decision to repent of my sinful ways and confess Jesus as LORD. Then, the preacher took me down into the church's baptistry and immersed me - AND that was just the beginning!"
- Galatians 3:26-29
26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Clothes? Being clothed with Christ is by far the best kind of clothing! Not the most popular kind! Not even the kind you'll find at every church! So, where do you find out about these types of clothes? THE BIBLE! Jesus has already paid for them! You just need to surrender yours for His through:
- faith - (believing and confessing that Jesus is LORD God)
ALL to Jesus, I surrender! This repentant submission... humility... surrender is a trademark of those who wear the name CHRISTIAN!
Join me here for one of the amazing conversion stories I've shared on this blog previously: