It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Monday, January 24, 2011

I OFFER MY LIFE... HOT AND FAITHFUL...


MEDITATION MONDAY
.
.
We can choose to offer our lives to God hesitantly or radically. There is a difference! Yesterday, in our Sunday morning adult Bible class, we discussed what it means to be "lukewarm" and what God has to say about it. Our teacher, Ray, said that he wanted us to look at these words in Revelation 3:15-16, and how they connected to the church universal, the church local, and the individuals who made up the church:
.
I know your deeds,
that you are neither cold nor hot.
I wish you were either one or the other!
So, because you are lukewarm-
neither hot nor cold-
I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
.
.
What strong words! When I think of having something in my mouth and having to spit it out, there are several possible reasons, but the main reason is that it tastes DISGUSTING! I have the understanding that God really doesn't like "lukewarm".
.
We had a lot of discussion in our class. Some of the comments that I wrote down include:
  • I believe that the opposite of love is not hate - it's indifference!
  • We're bombarded in our society with the teaching of tolerance. It compromises THE TRUTH!
  • Where in the Bible do we find the "Hall of Fame of Great Moderates"?
  • We define TRUTH in different ways, but God has His own definition of TRUTH.
  • The middle of the road is the worst place to be because that is where you'll get run over from both directions.
  • We've got to be more concerned with pleasing God than with pleasing man!
  • We've got to be careful to not deceive ourselves into thinking "it's all okay!"
  • If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!
  • Being lukewarm means you have cooled down!
  • Being lukewarm means you have lost your way!
  • There's a scripture in Hebrews 6 that addresses this, "It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, 6 if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting Him to public disgrace."
Later, Dan got up to preach. He wanted us to look at Hebrews 11 and 3 spiritual heroes in the "Hall of Faith": Abel, Noah, and Abraham. He said, "Faith tests include doing it God's way and waiting on the Lord." He spoke specifically to different age groups and situations in life, including:
  • Those in school: "One of your biggest faith tests will be THE MORAL TEST!
  • Those in troubled marriages: "One of your biggest faith tests may be THE PERSEVERANCE TEST!"
Oh, there was much more to the class and the assembly, but I took away that once again God had a message for me to meditate on:
  • Each new day I get up and surrender humbly and joyfully to my God. There will be tests throughout the day... and I must make every effort to walk by faith in His Truths... never giving in to being lukewarm for my God!

The words of this brief video articulate how I want to live my days. Be sure and pause the playlist above before watching:

.

~BLESSED~

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!